Shocks For Stock Height 03sss

Parker8

I am in need of front and rear shocks for my stock 03 SSS. I was looking at the Monroe Sensa-Trac's for the front and the Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting for the rear. I put my dirt bike in the back and use the bed often so I figured the Load Adjusting shocks which have a coil over the shock would help keep the truck level.

Does anyone have any experience with either shocks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Installed the Monroe SensaTrac Load Adjust shocks in the rear. They have a coil over the shock and they feel great. The truck rides better than new. I also put the Energy Suspension Sway Bar bushings and End Links on, what a difference. The truck doesn't dive anymore, amazing and cheap. Also put Napa Ultra Premium Rotors (Front and Rear) on, they are made in the USA and have a coating on them to protect them from rusting and I used Adaptive One Ceramic Pads. The pedal doesn't fade as much and it feels good so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Those with the Bilsteins: How is the ride quality different from the factory Tenneco shocks? Harsher than the originals?

Are you seeing any driving / handling improvements?

I was thinking of swapping to these shocks this spring along with new tires.

Those with the Bilsteins: How is the ride quality different from the factory Tenneco shocks? Harsher than the originals?

Are you seeing any driving / handling improvements?

I was thinking of swapping to these shocks this spring along with new tires.

Bilsteins are a major improvement. Much less "wallowing" as I call it. I only had 30K miles or so when I swapped out the stockers, so they weren't exactly worn out either. It is not a harsher ride; it is a firmer, more controlled ride.

I also upgraded to the Energy Suspension Polyurethane sway bar bushings and end links. Another major upgrade, and less than $50.00. I have part numbers listed in My Garage. There's a link in my signature block. There is also a lengthy post on the Energy Suspension upgrade.

Oh, and the stock Goodyear tires are long gone too.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

Bilsteins are a major improvement. Much less "wallowing" as I call it. I only had 30K miles or so when I swapped out the stockers, so they weren't exactly worn out either. It is not a harsher ride; it is a firmer, more controlled ride.

I also upgraded to the Energy Suspension Polyurethane sway bar bushings and end links. Another major upgrade, and less than $50.00. I have part numbers listed in My Garage. There's a link in my signature block. There is also a lengthy post on the Energy Suspension upgrade.

Oh, and the stock Goodyear tires are long gone too.

Thanks for the reply! That's the answer I was hoping for.

I have done the Energy swaybar bushings / endlinks already with good results. I would definatley reccommend this to others as well, espeacially for the cost.

Looks like I'll be getting some Bilstiens this spring!

Where did you Bilstein guys and Energy Suspension guys pick up your parts ? Haven't had much luck here at the local parts stores. I'm guessing online is the ticket....is that the case?

Got the shocks here: http://eshocks.com/

Got the swaybar stuff here: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/?gcli...CFQM1PwodU25wXQ