Bought A New Car Last Night

05blackss86

Krambo...is that 67 vette an original 427? and if so how long has he had it. My father has a vette too, but its a 72' with a 454 big block. He has had it since new, just over 51k on the clock. Original everything.

Yea, numbers correct 67 with the 427 - 435HP rating and the close ratio manual. He and I are actually tearing down the motor and inspecting it. It does have .040 pistons in it so it obviously was rebuilt however the numbers are correct and it is mint. Heads and intake are correct as well. Marina blue with the black hood. He has had it for about 10 years and recently sold his 68 camaro (396-375hp) for cheap. The vette appraised at 122K however needed verification of the original motor and motor parts so maybe add another 10K to that value. Its mint with 34K on the odometer however the tranny is not matching numbers however numbers correct.

I love the 60's muscle cars...chevy, dodge, ford,... doesn't matter. :cheers: Take care of your new baby!

Thanks for the compliments guys. Driving down late saturday to pick her up, so should be home by sunday night :cheers: Ill be sure to take lots of pics when i get her home.

Fireman Dan, does that KP car show take place in the parking lot across from the fire dept., or in the Key Food shopping center? Also do you ever go down to Captree State Park on sunday mornings? I try and make it down there as much as possible, however I havent been able to get down there in a month or so.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Driving down late saturday to pick her up, so should be home by sunday night :cheers: Ill be sure to take lots of pics when i get her home.

Fireman Dan, does that KP car show take place in the parking lot across from the fire dept., or in the Key Food shopping center? Also do you ever go down to Captree State Park on sunday mornings? I try and make it down there as much as possible, however I havent been able to get down there in a month or so.

I think it's the Key Food lot.......there is a Hess station and a bank in the same lot right on Indian Head Rd. There is also a funeral home right across the street. I really never get the chance to head to Captree, my sunday mornings are usually tied up at the FD.

My car show circulation goes something like this.....

Thursday night - Kings Park or Oakdale(Best Yet Market/Wendy's lot on Montauk Hwy.)

Saturday night - Commack(the new Walmart just north of Costco)

I don't get a chance to get to these shows every week, but I try. I usually go with my buddy Gene and his '73 Road Runner or '04 Dale Jr. Monte Carlo. I was also at the July Flowefield show too, took 2nd place.