77k Miles & '04 Victory Red: Too Late To Remove Ss Decals?

Just bought this truck and can't stand the SS decals on the sides of the bed. Has anyone removed them with this many miles? Just worried on how much faded the paint might be compared to what is underneath these. I had planned to use a little heat, my fingernails and some goo-gone unless anyone has a proven method that works better for this particular application.

well if they are on the sides of your bed then they are not factory decals, therefore there is no telling how long they have been on there. Maybe they have been on for 4 years or 4 days, no tellin. I say rip em off though. good luck

That explains the crappy quality. I'm going to pull them along with the bug deflector, rain guards, tonneau cover and move the antenna under the hood. Should be a good start.

That explains the crappy quality. I'm going to pull them along with the bug deflector, rain guards, tonneau cover and move the antenna under the hood. Should be a good start.

Ahhh, music to my ears, lol Yeah, rip em off and buff it no, doubt youhave any probs, but even if it is slightly faded, it'll look like ghost emblems, haha

Ahhh, music to my ears, lol Yeah, rip em off and buff it no, doubt youhave any probs, but even if it is slightly faded, it'll look like ghost emblems, haha

Good point. I just got done getting all the goo from the rain guards on the windows. I got the bug deflector off too. Once I get back from lunch I'm gonna start on the big decals.

Good point. I just got done getting all the goo from the rain guards on the windows. I got the bug deflector off too. Once I get back from lunch I'm gonna start on the big decals.

Hey did you save the little rubber stops on that bug shield. if so can I have them????? thanks And what kind of tonneu u got there. Oh yeah POST PICS!!!

I'm going to sell the bug shield locally so I need to keep the rubber stops. If for some reason the buyer doesn't ash for them I'll send them you're way. I remember seeing them someplace though as something else and they were cheap. If I think of what they were I'll post.

Oh, the tonneau cover is a Ranch SportLid and I'm planning to pull it off and sell it too. I have a motorcycle so I would much rather have a sprayed bed that's open. As for pictures I will get some up. I will post some of when I got it plus some of how it stands now after a few hours of customization. I took off the bug deflector, rain guards, SS decals on the side of the bed and the dealer plate off the tailgate. I also moved the antenna to the passenger fender drip rail. It looks much MUCH better now.

Hey did you save the little rubber stops on that bug shield. if so can I have them????? thanks And what kind of tonneu u got there. Oh yeah POST PICS!!!

I finally figured out where I saw these things used in another application... our kitchen cabinets. I would guess you can get some at Home Depot, Lowe's, ACE Hardware or a cabinet shop for pennies and probably less than what it would cost to send mine to you anyway. Find a new construction neighborhood (harder to do these days) and see if they will give you some. Just some ideas worth checking into.