Ati Cog Setup Came In

dozer

OMG, This what jealousy feels like, lol I can't wait to see it on and you gotta get video... bet it'll sound nasty, just flat awesome, I'd hate to know what that cost though! whew

I have never heard a cog belt either. It will go on as soon as my blower gets back from procharger. Its the same price for the 8 rib. The Super Pulley Sprag for the blower is 550.00. So about 1800.00.

Those are beautiful! Pretty trick parts. :cool:

Thanks Steve. We should all meet up some time before it gets to cold out.

1800? Doesn't sounds like that bad of price put that F1R to work. Be sure to put up pics when its all bolted up and get us some numbers =)

I felt like 1800.00 was not to bad. It would be 1200-1300 without the blower sprag But I felt it was needed. I cant wait to get that F1R spinning, feels like I have been waiting forever. It looks like early spring to get some track times.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

Wow, it looks like everything will be cogged drive now. Very cool. That with your 408 should go 10's in a low altitude.

I sure hope it works out Iv been waiting to run this truck for awhile. Thanks for the vote of confidence Zippy I would be thrilled to run 10's. There have been a lot of firsts in this build for SS's but I think it all coming together.

Thanks Steve. We should all meet up some time before it gets to cold out.

Yeah we should. Dustys truck has been running for a while now. When do you expect to have her together?

Keep up the good work! This build has alot of sex appeal to it. :drool:

Is this set up clutched for when you let off the throttle?I heard they were working on a clutch type blower puley that doesn't want to slip or blow off when you go wide open and then get out of it fast.If so I need this.

Yes it is the Super Pulley sparg CLICK. I addition to the sprg I will also be running 2 Bypass Vales to relive back pressure from the blower which also makes belts jump. I have been researching cog setup for about 6 months now and lot cogged F1R and F2 blowers are found on older BB chevys,SBchevys and fords making 1000hp plus and have learner from there trials. I really hope this setup works and figured the only way to find out is to try it. Now if it dose notwork on the street I might just run it at the track. Whats cool about this setup is I can just order a 8rib tensioner 8 rib shell and power steering shell to bolt to the hubs and swap out in no time with out removing the crank hub or Power steering hub. So all in all its worth the gamble and it looks like ATI did a great job.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

So am I going to get belt slip with a PS1??? Any tips

very possible. i threw my belt of a few times with my P1. i have also done it once with the D1, but just keep a 15mm wrench with you and you can be up and going in under 2 minutes. its even easier with efans to be back on the road. it doesnt happen very often, but sucks when it does and you will FOR SURE know it!