Superchips programer

Has anybody had a problem with there unit. The superchips unit totaly shut my truck down twice. I read the direction very carefully then called up superchips and asked for help and they help me as I did the programing and my truck would not start after I finised it. They told me to send it back and they would update it. I got it back a week later and the same thing happened. :fume: Then I flip on them and sent it back and got my money back. Did this happen to anybody else and whats another option.

When I had my Superchips I didn't have any problems but there was someone else on here that did have some problems with theirs. Do you have Onstar? There are fuses that must be pulled when uploading the Superchips if you have Onstar I believe.

You have to follow the directions to the tee. Turn off all accessories, like radio, close all doors, make sure dome light turns off, engage the emer brake so the DRL/headlights lights don't come on, and do not touch anything. Additionally, there are a number of fuses that have to be pulled out if you have onstar. One other person lost their program and had to do the same thing because a switch was hit for only a second by mistake.

I'd get my money back and get a tuned PCM, sure to blow away the superchips or predator programmers for nearly the same price. And most, if not all of them, will send you an update when you add something. Just my .02.

I had this happen to me also. I had to remove the info and radio fuses. I also had to remove a fuse for my DVD player. It uploaded after that. Yesterday I had a Radix installed and the new superchips program didn't work again. Now I'm waiting for another program.

I had Magnuson Products do the install in Ventura, CA. They took my computer out and loaded the file directly, but got a slight knock on the scope... I couldn't here it. So they are having Superchips reprogram a custom one for my mods to lay over the one they installed.

I had Magnuson Products do the install in Ventura, CA. They took my computer out and loaded the file directly, but got a slight knock on the scope... I couldn't here it. So they are having Superchips reprogram a custom one for my mods to lay over the one they installed.

I think it is great that they are doing that for you. I would still get a custom tune. Magna programming leaves a lot of untapped power that can be gained through a custom tune. Depends on what you want from your truck, I guess.

I had Magnuson Products do the install in Ventura, CA.  They took my computer out and loaded the file directly, but got a slight knock on the scope... I couldn't here it.  So they are having Superchips reprogram a custom one for my mods to lay over the one they installed.

Glad they are taking care of you. :thumbs:

I agree with Ben - a custom tune can get more out of the Radix.

:thumbs: Thanks for your input guys. I removed all the fuses and don't have onstar and a superchips Tech was on the phone with me as I did the upgrade. and he had no answer for me. :sigh: I must have had a bad unit or something. But trust me it aint a good feeling when your bran new truck don't start it was just a bad experince.

Arizona Speed blew up my PCM when they installed my Radix. They ended up having to get it reflashed at the dealer. Don't know if it was their lack of experience with '03's or what (i.e. OnStar, etc), but I know that Magnuson had to make a few changes to the Superchips tune when I had problems realizing more than a 60 RWHP increase over stock. Some of what they found that worked with my truck was supposedly going into future interations of the Superchips tune.

I'd look at the Superchips tune as a baseline tune, not a performance tune.

Archived