Intake Mani,tb,cam And Components Upgrade

Alright well its been a while since i had any mods done so i think its time to upgrade the breathing of my engine. Please feel free to give me your opinion on this. If i forgot anything plz let me know tankz. This is the plan so far......

Trottle body: TBSS 90tb

Intake manifold: TBSS

http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428860 $200

Heads: Undiceded, open for opinions

Cam: LPE GT2-3 http://www.lingenfelter.com/store/l210085297.html $386.95

Valve springs: Compcams 918 srings Got them free

Lifters: Undecided, open for opinions

Rocker arms: Undecided, open for opinions

Retainers: Prc titanium retainers for 918's http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=685&catid=54 $159.99

Pushrods: Does anyone know the formula to get the lenght i need?

Timing chain: Comcams 9-keyway double roller billet timing http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/...Code=GEN3Timing $122.38

And MAYBE its also time for a smaller pulley

Thanks everyone......and stay tuned!!!!!!

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)

Whats wrong with 918's? thats what LPE recommends with the cam. and i know they had problems with them before but i heard they fixed it. the ones with the blue marking are the corrective ones which is what i have. when you talk about the injectors would you also recommend a new fuel pump while im at it? thanks for the reply......

Maybe its just me, but why arent you going with a D1SC instead? I would think the power gains you would get from upgrading from the P1SC would be just as good or more than the cam and your planned mods? Some D1SC are going mid to high 12's without a cam.

Otherwise, what you have will work. Are you running the stock fuel pump with that procharger? If so, you will need a larger fuel pump. If you added one when you installed the blower, then you should be ok for awhile.

Also, your sig doesnt mention an intercooler. Do you have one? Is it two or three core? If its two core, I would look at the 3 core from procharger.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

i know the new 918 are supposed to be good becsue alot of the older ones failed but i like double springs just in case, last thing you need is a single spring to fail and hurt a piston,

also for that i would use some ls7 lifters , stock rockers or harlan sharp modified fulcrum rockers , or if you have some cash yella terras and aftermarket harlan sharps, crane , comp they are all decent .

push rods , depends on heads and rockers so you need to check then order.

Maybe its just me, but why arent you going with a D1SC instead? I would think the power gains you would get from upgrading from the P1SC would be just as good or more than the cam and your planned mods? Some D1SC are going mid to high 12's without a cam.

Otherwise, what you have will work. Are you running the stock fuel pump with that procharger? If so, you will need a larger fuel pump. If you added one when you installed the blower, then you should be ok for awhile.

Also, your sig doesnt mention an intercooler. Do you have one? Is it two or three core? If its two core, I would look at the 3 core from procharger.

Well from what ive seen everyones engine seems to blow with the d1 without doing some work to the engine. im running the stock pump just doing some reaserch as to which one i need. and its a 2 core intercooler... thanks for yor help

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)

i know the new 918 are supposed to be good becsue alot of the older ones failed but i like double springs just in case, last thing you need is a single spring to fail and hurt a piston,

also for that i would use some ls7 lifters , stock rockers or harlan sharp modified fulcrum rockers , or if you have some cash yella terras and aftermarket harlan sharps, crane , comp they are all decent .

push rods , depends on heads and rockers so you need to check then order.

ls7 lifters are roller correct? hummm havent thought about that one. yea i thought about the double spring just didnt think i would need them buck for a few extra buck i guess it wouldnt hurt. thanks for your help