First Degree Laziness

wody

a little back story:

my shift starts at 2:30 and this truck was over the pit when i got to the shop. it was due for a pm (oil change,inspection, yadda yadda yadda). i was in charge tonight so i was going over all the jobs with the previous shift supervisor, and was told that the pm needed to be finished. this was not the last truck that was given to the tech before the end of his shift at 2:30, so i wondered why the pm wasn't done. then i noticed the safety net had not been drawn, so at that point i knew that he had NO INTENT of going under the truck to do the real dirty work and instead just leaving it for night shift. backfired on him, because after i noticed that, i just parked it back on the deadline for him to finish in the morning. so the lesson here is, if you're going to be lazy, don't make it obvious.

photo.jpg

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

Just dont be lazy. Get the work done that need to be done weather its clean or dirty. Was OT going to come into effect on this job?

he was given this job with enough time to finish it before 2:30, but decided to start another job. so he had two jobs half complete, doing the parts of the jobs he wanted to do.

alans pimp hand is strong. what did the hand say to tha face SLAP ah ah ah im alan dickson bitch :lol:

you damn right :idiot: <----"I'm Alan Dickson bitch!" :rollin:

we haven't got along for over two years. the dude steals, lies, and acts selfish. i called him out more than once, but my job isn't worth decking this fool.

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

man do i feel ya

im night foreman at my shop and me and the day shift foreman do a "shift change" where he tells me whats all going on for the day and whats all gotta be done tonight. i find all kinds of shit that doesnt get done that supposed to be done.

90% of the mechanics are over 40 years old... and i am 21.

lets just say they think im a young smart ass...but they listen :D

new story:

same dude was given the job to replace a clutch, so rather than do it the right (safe) way, he decided to do it the wrong (unsafe) way. wouldn't you know it, he only did 25% of the work yet again. so not knowing the state of the tranny, i hand it off to one of my other techs to pick up on, well not too far after he comes back to let me know he doesn't feel like dying and proceeds to show me how this dude supported the trans. making a long story, short, the trans was mostly being supported by the air tanks, which should have been removed to do it the right (safe) way, the whole reason why he did it this way was because the trans has a PTO mounted to it and he didn't want to drain the oil to remove the PTO. so we pulled the passenger seat out, setup the cherry picker to hold the trans up from the top, and removed the clutch. that is as far as i felt like letting my other guy waste time on and compromising his safety for someone else's stupidity. we left it for him to finish today, but he didn't, so there it sits until monday so he can finish it and hopefully get killed by his own stupidity. one last note: he had dropped two trans in the past. why he still has a job? i don't know. trust me the list of shady work this dude does is almost never-ending.

new story:

same dude was given the job to replace a clutch, so rather than do it the right (safe) way, he decided to do it the wrong (unsafe) way. wouldn't you know it, he only did 25% of the work yet again. so not knowing the state of the tranny, i hand it off to one of my other techs to pick up on, well not too far after he comes back to let me know he doesn't feel like dying and proceeds to show me how this dude supported the trans. making a long story, short, the trans was mostly being supported by the air tanks, which should have been removed to do it the right (safe) way, the whole reason why he did it this way was because the trans has a PTO mounted to it and he didn't want to drain the oil to remove the PTO. so we pulled the passenger seat out, setup the cherry picker to hold the trans up from the top, and removed the clutch. that is as far as i felt like letting my other guy waste time on and compromising his safety for someone else's stupidity. we left it for him to finish today, but he didn't, so there it sits until monday so he can finish it and hopefully get killed by his own stupidity. one last note: he had dropped two trans in the past. why he still has a job? i don't know. trust me the list of shady work this dude does is almost never-ending.

Sounds like it is time for one last warning/write up, then a pink slip. :smash::idiot: