Flowmaster Heat Shield

I just bought the Flowmaster 530513 dual in single out for the HD. I know there will be some resonance which I hate. Has anyone used the Flowmaster heat shield to try to lessen the effect? Was it successful? How about the Flowmaster Resonstor? I'm not going to spent too much time and effort to combat the issue. As long as it is liveable until I can afford the Corsa. Thanks

-Todd

Well, I can't exactly answer your question, but I do have the heatshield on my 530504 (dual in/out). I never ran without the heatshield, so I don't know if it helps. But let me put it to you this way: if it does help, I can't imagine what the resonance must be like without it. Because even with the shield, I want to pull my hair out on long trips, it is that bad. The Flowmaster has the best sound, hands down, but the noise that comes with it is almost unbearable.

On a better note, every flowmaster I have had has generated lots of heat, so you should probably install one just to protect the cab from all of that heat. Just my .02.

Well, I can't exactly answer your question, but I do have the heatshield on my 530504 (dual in/out). I never ran without the heatshield, so I don't know if it helps. But let me put it to you this way: if it does help, I can't imagine what the resonance must be like without it. Because even with the shield, I want to pull my hair out on long trips, it is that bad. The Flowmaster has the best sound, hands down, but the noise that comes with it is almost unbearable.

On a better note, every flowmaster I have had has generated lots of heat, so you should probably install one just to protect the cab from all of that heat. Just my .02.

Thanks for the info. I believe the only difference is your's has dual out , mine has single. There are others on this forum that have the single out that swear resonance is very little. I hope they are right. My old lady will kill my if this thing makes your head want to explode. I did't get the heat shield yet. I'm going to try without first. I wonder if wrapping the muffler in header wrap first and then add the heat shield, if that would help. I'm not so sure all the resonance is radiated directly from the muffler or its the combination for muffler and tail pipe. Who knows, I 'll give it a try and post my results later this week.

-Todd

• 2 weeks later...
how are you making out with the dual in single out muffler... hows it sound and all... what about resonence...

i just ordred that same muffler... thanks for the input...

how are you guys making out with the heat sheild

I have not ordered the heat shield yet. The exhaust sounds awesome. Louder in the truck not the head numbing resonance. I'm sure you will enjoy it :P

Archived