Never Again Gm

FireRescueSS

i think either the dealer is the problem, or maybe you just got a lemon type if situation there. i have only owned gm products and i honestly dont think i will ever own anything else. i have never had any type of non typical problem, sorry to hear that.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't come on this site saying "never again GM". Maybe bitch about it on a dodge forum. However, I do feel your frustration.

But seriously, what you have is a case of bad luck. My SS has 110,000 miles and I have only spent about $1,000 on repairs.

BTW, post pics of the Ridgeline when you get it.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Sorry to hear about your issues with the truck. I have owned mine for 3.5 years and only had the normal problems (cluster, steering shaft). Other than that, it has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned (even against 2 bmws). My mom has had more serious issues with her 05 330xi w/33k.

sounds like a lemon to me. Every make has them so don't think just because you get a Honda you'll be better off. Both my GMs have been great. My ex has a Honda accord and the cat went bad and the replacement part was $800 and it was out of warranty. All makes will have problems. don't let one bad vehicle make you jump ship. :chevy:

The only thing the dealer has been unable to fix, is the speedo/instrument cluster.... Takes darn near a week to get a new one in, and it either won't program, or the needles stick from the get go. This is the only thing the dealer "fixed" for me, expect for the 3 injectors, all 3 with less then 30,000 miles on it. Everything else is fixed by me or my dad.

The most relieible vehicle I ever had, was that damn '87 Chevette... ran like a typical chevette, but never got towed home. The Malibu was a champ, nothing more then brakes, plugs/wires, hoses, ect. The Camaro RS and the Silverado SS always need something replaced or repaired. GM just doesn't make them like they used to.

Standing at 41K, I promise I will have replaced everything by the time I hit 60K... and if I have one more damn major engine repair, I'm putting in a big block.

I'm with you too. As much as I hate to say it. My truck has been full of little problems. Windows leaking air, clunking that never stops, spare tire breaking off, a/c going out, dashboard started to rattle at about 10k miles, instrument cluster going out, power seat sliding forward, 3rd break light leaking water into the cab and the problems go on, and on, and on..

I have a ford truck for work, that sucks too.

It's sad what these vehicles have become. Now, don't bet me wrong, i like my truck. I will hold on to it but don't think i will be buying from the big 3. Our next vehicle will most likely be a toyota sequoia.

I'm with you too. As much as I hate to say it. My truck has been full of little problems. Windows leaking air, clunking that never stops, spare tire breaking off, a/c going out, dashboard started to rattle at about 10k miles, instrument cluster going out, power seat sliding forward, 3rd break light leaking water into the cab and the problems go on, and on, and on..

I have a ford truck for work, that sucks too.

It's sad what these vehicles have become. Now, don't bet me wrong, i like my truck. I will hold on to it but don't think i will be buying from the big 3. Our next vehicle will most likely be a toyota sequoia.

That's exactly how I am feeling. I won't be getting rid of this truck, it's a PITA, but it's my PITA. The most annoying thing that breaks, is the stupid tailgate handle cover thing. At least I can order it painted already, lol.

:jester: Damn...no matter what you own....if you don't have a goood dealership/mechanic yU are SCREWED...Bredemann Chevy in Park Ridge.Ill whatever the problem from my SSR's,SSS TBSS or 454SS it gets done right... :cheers:

:withstupid: No major issues with any GM products....I have had many GM cars and trucks over the years. Sounds like a Stealership issue to me. Take it somewhere else!!

I have over 125k on mine and the only major was a tranny. That was my own fault. And hey, be fair, tailgate bezels dont break themselves!! And remember the time tested and true statement; If it has Tits or Wheels, it's gonna cause you problems!! :lol: