I'm About Ready To Give Up On Her,,,

Les Hall

You only have one mod, that is the Hypertech; at the moment the CAI and Magnaflow aren't helping very much. Mods that make you happy are mods that increase flow of air, and a CAI and Magnaflow only help a couple percent at best. You will not be happy until you do a head/cam/header swap (mid-13s), or install a blower (mid-12s). Oh and don't forget converter/tranny work too, that alone will take almost 1/2-second off your time.

Mr. P.

boy i'm glad to hear some one else say that. exhaust and CAI are very over rated.

when your losing to these trucks or behind off the line...are you spinning the whole time? Is this a track your at or a "track" measured from phone pole to phone pole on a country road?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You only have one mod, that is the Hypertech; at the moment the CAI and Magnaflow aren't helping very much. Mods that make you happy are mods that increase flow of air, and a CAI and Magnaflow only help a couple percent at best. You will not be happy until you do a head/cam/header swap (mid-13s), or install a blower (mid-12s). Oh and don't forget converter/tranny work too, that alone will take almost 1/2-second off your time.

Mr. P.

I know I'd have to do alot to get a good drag truck, but I'm just ticked off at getting beat by trucks I KNOW I would have beat when I first bought the truck, back when roads where hotter & tires where brand new,,,,I tried putting some weight over the axle last night and it launched like it used too,,So now I know thats the main problem,,so now I gotta find some tires that'll get me that same hole shot,,without the weight,,,till then you can just call it an SS-Dumptruck cause I'm haulin this dirt around till I find those two pick ups that beat me :jester:

boy i'm glad to hear some one else say that. exhaust and CAI are very over rated.

when your losing to these trucks or behind off the line...are you spinning the whole time? Is this a track your at or a "track" measured from phone pole to phone pole on a country road?

Yeah,,,it was spinning all the way through 1rst & halfway through 2nd,,,& once it quit spinning it would fall on it's face and then kick down and take off,,didn't sound healthy either,,,but I think I got it down now,,oh, yeah just a little spot on a country road everyone runs on,,,,I checked it with my trip odometer last night it's little longer than a quarter,,,,showed up 0.3 exactly my truck runs 97-99 in that distance.

Edited by Les Hall (see edit history)

Its def the tires! Theres a lot of torque management bulls#!+ going on when the computer senses wheel spin. It'll upshift early and back off on the throttle on ya. I got mashed on by a Titan at a red light one day because my TC was turned on. Once the truck got back to full power after the wheelspin stopped, I just ran him down.

" live " I'm assuming this means to have someone tune the truck in person rather than by mail? I would love that but don't know anywhere around here to get it done? (southeast Missouri)

Im from Poplar Bluff MO and theres a couple places around here..there is earth motors and a place called hp tuners.. Hp tuners is pretty good his number is (573)718-8733 his name is Greg might give him a call.

Im from Poplar Bluff MO and theres a couple places around here..there is earth motors and a place called hp tuners.. Hp tuners is pretty good his number is (573)718-8733 his name is Greg might give him a call.

Cool thats only about an hour north of me, I havn't been there in years,,I was there working on that huge Bloodworth house, ,, So did you have yours tuned? there's a guy around here in a ws6 running Nos that said he gets his stuff from somewhere in the Bluff,,I bet thats him. thanks Bro. :thumbs:

stop doggin the f out your truck and you might be able to beat people. there is this thing called wear and tear..... if you want a drag truck get a smaller truck or dump the money that is required to make this heavy bit(h move. honestly, i wish you would give up on it, to me it sounds like you abuse the hell out of her and i would rather see someone else have her. someone that knows how to take care of a sss!

stop doggin the f out your truck and you might be able to beat people. there is this thing called wear and tear..... if you want a drag truck get a smaller truck or dump the money that is required to make this heavy bit(h move. honestly, i wish you would give up on it, to me it sounds like you abuse the hell out of her and i would rather see someone else have her. someone that knows how to take care of a sss!

i beat the sh*t outta my truck...you got a problem with that to. some guys use em for looks some guys use em for go. and some guys don't have the money to make them as fast as they want em....

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i beat the sh*t outta my truck...you got a problem with that to. some guys use em for looks some guys use em for go. and some guys don't have the money to make them as fast as they want em....

i dont have a problem cause it's thier truck/vehicle, i do however, have a problem when they ask why it doesnt perform like it use to. it's a common sense thing, if you cant swim, dont go in the fu(king pool...... the more you beat the pu$$y, the looser it gets..... if you wouldn't eat so much, you wouldn't be a fat a$$.... if you got the fu(k out the house, you might meet some bit(hes...... if the fu(king shoe fits, wear it! :flag::driving::dupe::dunno::idiot:

:withstupid: I use my SSS for show and go, bought it to enjoy it, not to drive it like

Grandma's Studebaker.

it's a common sense thing, if you cant swim, dont go in the fu(king pool...... the more you beat the pu$$y, the looser it gets..... if you wouldn't eat so much, you wouldn't be a fat a$$.... if you got the fu(k out the house, you might meet some bit(hes...... if the fu(king shoe fits, wear it! :flag::driving::dupe::dunno::idiot:

:chillpill: totally uncalled for and not necessary in this thread IMO :nono::freak:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

:withstupid: I use my SSS for show and go, bought it to enjoy it, not to drive it like

Grandma's Studebaker.

:chillpill: totally uncalled for and not necessary in this thread IMO :nono::freak:

i agree with dan tha man. :withstupid: I beat the hell out of my truck and i would consider it a truck that could place in shows. BUTTTTTTTTTTT i have spent the money on it so i can beat on it (built tranny, truetrac blower lots and lots of patient tuning).

you need a good tune and go float test the hypertech in the nearest river. If you want a fast truck you have to spend $$$$$$$$$ and then some more money because one thing that some people dont understand is One good mod on a truck has 2 or 3 supporting mods

Wheatley nelson are pretty good at mail tunes so is Zippy from here.

:sigh: sorry guys, had a bad morning.... totally uncalled for! maybe i'm to poor (cause the army dont pay me enough) to rag on my truck and am jealous... my wife hates the fact that i like to spend money on cars/trucks... i think the kricut i got her was the biggest $400 waste (its a scrapbook shape cutter, etc) but i got it for her just cause i dont care what it is, just as long as she will appreciate it and use it...... a whole different issue...

SORRY GUYS! :)

First off, nobody asked for ur smart ass comments, 2nd I bought it and will do what the fuk I wanna do with it, I never said I wanted a drag truck, only that it WAS much faster when I first got it and don't know why all of the sudden it gets beat by normaly slow trucks, I drove the truck all summer like grandpa , I had only raced it once against a Hemi ram, and smoked it,,,then the other day I get talked into racing another truck same mods,,,and I get left in the dust,,now all I hear is how slow those piece of shit SS's must be and why didn't I just keep my last 99 ex-cab it was just as fast!!!, so yeah I'm trying to figure out why! ok, I edited out that last part since I thought it over a little, but I hope U saw it first , anyway I kinda agree on the abuse the hell out of it part,,I decided I wasn't doing anygood running the crap out of it trying to get back faster without changing anything, so I'm gonna lay off for a while till I get some new BF Goodrich G-Force tires, Real tune, and a 125hp shot of Nos,,along with, lingenfelter timing controler, thats thanks to all the advise from Kelleyperformance,

who I might add has been VERY helpfull answering all my questions and giving me very honest advise, :cheers:

Edited by Les Hall (see edit history)

it was spinning all the way through 1rst & halfway through 2nd,,,& once it quit spinning it would fall on it's face and then kick down and take off

Yep ... sounds like some operator error ... launching is an art, stabbing the throttle isn't good with 2wd, cold pavement, and hard tires. Spinning = losing

You might be getting into harder compounds in your tires, but I suspect that since the temps are dropping the asphalt isn't giving you the bite it would when its hot and you need to work the throttle to maximize your power.

Also with the colder weather, some gas stations switch to a 'winter' mixture ... you might have got some wierd gas too.

Custom tune will improve drastically (mail-order or live) and will help you down the track. But launching is all you man, unless you are going to dump some money into it.

+1 to the exhaust and intake are over rated bandwagon.

Edited by big o (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...