Awd Vs. 2wd

catdaddy300

Id be very interested in seeing a stock RWD SS vs AWD SS. Not saying we could declare who is faster because of a variables (driver). Reason I say stock is because it is the most fair/even type of race. I would really like to see what stock truck hits the speed governor first in a drag. A 200lb weight difference is something. Wheres the carbon fiber..... :chevy:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well first off i will admit your truck is more badass blake and fast.....so you can calm down.... second i have raced a stock awd and a stock 2wd....when i raced the awd i bet him not that my truck is moded or anything but he got the jump on me but then i just slap sucked him up and pulled off on him...... i guess i was just having a good day and it isnt really drivin b/c for god sakes the truck is an automatic u cant **** it up too bad.... but now the 2wd stories for some reason where i stay there are like 10 SS and i dont know where they all come from but i have raced a few the main difference is my truck is of course faster at the take off or even up to like 40 i get the jump but then the chevy like calms down at like 70 and then they start kreeping up and probly pass me.... so thats my SS stories, say what you want and please be gentle.

is the diff in weight that much??? also is this because awd has 4:10 and the 2wd has 3:73??? idk

the awd ss def. does NOT have 4:10 gearing, they'd be kneck breakers outa the hole if they did, witch could be a good thing. 3:73 was the production ratio used in the awd. just a friendly correction :thumbs:

well first off i will admit your truck is more badass blake and fast.....so you can calm down.... second i have raced a stock awd and a stock 2wd....when i raced the awd i bet him not that my truck is moded or anything but he got the jump on me but then i just slap sucked him up and pulled off on him...... i guess i was just having a good day and it isnt really drivin b/c for god sakes the truck is an automatic u cant **** it up too bad.... but now the 2wd stories for some reason where i stay there are like 10 SS and i dont know where they all come from but i have raced a few the main difference is my truck is of course faster at the take off or even up to like 40 i get the jump but then the chevy like calms down at like 70 and then they start kreeping up and probly pass me.... so thats my SS stories, say what you want and please be gentle.

Why not mod that thing and slap these guys around. I have a nice brand new procharger for sale that would help you out....

the awd ss def. does NOT have 4:10 gearing, they'd be kneck breakers outa the hole if they did, witch could be a good thing. 3:73 was the production ratio used in the awd. just a friendly correction :thumbs:

oh yeah thats what i put idk. i thought i heard from somewhere that they were but i guess not. thanks for the info.

oh yeah thats what i put idk. i thought i heard from somewhere that they were but i guess not. thanks for the info.

dont know where you got your info from but all awd SS trucks came with a 4.10 gear. the 2wd have 3.73 . this is why the awd ss owns the street.

Just a friendly correction :D

http://www.automedia.com/2004_Chevrolet_Si...rts20030801ss/1

"Backing this potent powerplant is a 4L85-E 4-speed automatic transmission and full-locking differential equipped with 4.10:1 gears"

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Just a friendly correction :D

http://www.automedia.com/2004_Chevrolet_Si...rts20030801ss/1

"Backing this potent powerplant is a 4L85-E 4-speed automatic transmission and full-locking differential equipped with 4.10:1 gears"

wow sorry but another correction , its a 4l65e not a 4l85e that would be very nice if it were true though.

well i would buy it but being in the military i live paycheck to paycheck hell im saving up for some headers and hood right now but someday maybe...if you still got it hell ill need one to compete with blaker888 he bought himself a vortec supercharger and is going to put it on this christmas i think