Awd Vs. 2wd

catdaddy300

the awd ss def. does NOT have 4:10 gearing, they'd be kneck breakers outa the hole if they did, witch could be a good thing. 3:73 was the production ratio used in the awd. just a friendly correction :thumbs:

I need to recant my previous statement. i pulled up the vehicle build info on my truck.... im ashamed to say i was completly wrong :banghead: they are built with 4:10 gearing. i appologize, i'm an idiot, ect. ect.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id be very interested in seeing a stock RWD SS vs AWD SS. Not saying we could declare who is faster because of a variables (driver). Reason I say stock is because it is the most fair/even type of race. I would really like to see what stock truck hits the speed governor first in a drag. A 200lb weight difference is something. Wheres the carbon fiber..... :chevy:

Stock for stock the rwd will win. I raced my buddy with his 05' sss vs my stock 04' sss at the time. I had him through the intersection by a fender and he slowly walked away after that. Now he has no chance. IMO stock awd sss don't make enouff power where the awd is a big advantage.

I've lined up against both Fireman31 and Rockhead at the track with their 2WD vs. my AWD. They both have headers and I don't, and they have upgraded their transmissions, but otherwise our mods are similar bolt-ons. I take them off the line, but they blow by me at half track or less.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
alright i have an 05 awd ss and i have a buddy with a like 04 2wd vho and his is very modified. i we went from like a 30 roll and he got me by like a truck length and probly more..... but from a dead stop i wooped that ass (twice) by like 2 to 2 1/2 truck lengths, now none of this was on a strip or anything and not too far either but how much faster is a awd than a 2wd off the line???

i thought they stopped making the silverado ss awd after 2004?????????

I've lined up against both Fireman31 and Rockhead at the track with their 2WD vs. my AWD. They both have headers and I don't, and they have upgraded their transmissions, but otherwise our mods are similar bolt-ons. I take them off the line, but they blow by me at half track or less.

:D:P

i thought they stopped making the silverado ss awd after 2004?????????

Silverado SS AWD '03 to mid '05

Silverado SS RWD mid '05 to '07

ya, I love playing around with my 2wd, smoke smells so good, haha. But when a titan is pulling me off the line while i'm sideways, I am really wishing I would have bought an AWD. It's OK, I guess a good driver can finesse a good launch, Ill get there.

• 2 weeks later...