Wierd RACES

vegashdf150

Do any of you go out and not get races to save your life?

I have my HD and a vette, both killer cars on the track and the street. Sometimes ill get races but I like to provoke a race or two as I get bored not getting any takers.

On the other hand though, I have a Lexus LS430 and I be dammed if I get people wanting to race me at every other light. WJAT GIVES?

Mind you the Ls is a low 12 second car and thats faster then most cars and trucks youll run into, but what is the reason for picking on a 70000+ dollar car when a fast looking vette or truck does not get as many takers?

Anyone else notice this type of thing?

Its probably the "sleeper" effect of the Lexus.

Or maybe "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing..." They know the 'vette and the HD are out of their league, but think the Lexus is just another import...

Not many challenges around here either (not counting the occasional subcompact with coffee-can muffler... not worth the effort)

I wish I could get a race. Got turned down by a Harley truck about a week ago. As we were coming coming to the red light I was even taunting him. Came to the red light and he wouldn't line up door to door. He stopped about 5 feet away from lining up side to side as if he didn't want to look me in the face. The light turned green, I smoked tires for just a second, and then I was gone. He never launched, so I just went about my business. Oh well.

i had that same problem with my last 4th gen f-body. some would want to play, until they saw the z28 badge. when i did get races with it though they went to much higher speeds. i had about 10 or so races that went to past 130 in which i came out ahead.

man i want another f-body.

With my Z06 I couldnt get a race to save my life. Every time I took the Typhoon out someone wanted to use it as a measureing stick to thier performance. I would really like to get the SS to run as good as the Typhoon but it will take some hard earned money to do that. I am thinking about the Radix, Exhaust and a custom tune with bigger injectors. I have had nothing but thumbs up with the SS so far, not one attempt to race.

maybe its cause ima girl....no one wants to race me:( i seem to get a LOT of gmc sierras though, even had one trying to play some weird game of chicken in 5 o'clock traffic on the way to orange county. he kept tryin to push me into the lane next to me and make me hit someone! he did this about 8 or 9 times til i got pissed and threw a bottle at him and he laid off somewhat, til traffic opened up and i left him behind...some people, i swear.

OH! and i did have a mach 1 for dinner last nite twice :). i beat him off the line from one light to the next...but im sure he would have caught me in the long run, lol.

smoked a mustang last night on the way home from the office...nothing special just a regular old mustang...newer body style...i flew past him and settled back down to about 65 then he came screaming up on me in the left lane..i punched it and by the time he caught up i was already at speed....he didn't even get past the bed of my truck and i was gone...i went up to 120mph not sure if his shut down or what but it wasn't much of a race at all...

maybe its cause ima girl....no one wants to race me:( i seem to get a LOT of gmc sierras though, even had one trying to play some weird game of chicken in 5 o'clock traffic on the way to orange county. he kept tryin to push me into the lane next to me and make me hit someone! he did this about 8 or 9 times til i got pissed and threw a bottle at him and he laid off somewhat, til traffic opened up and i left him behind...some people, i swear.

OH! and i did have a mach 1 for dinner last nite twice :). i beat him off the line from one light to the next...but im sure he would have caught me in the long run, lol.

YOU GO GIRL!! :lol: Nothing like an LA rush hour traffic. good kill on the MACH 1.

• 2 weeks later...

you go girl, good job :thumbs::thumbs::lol:

Archived