Sears Automotive

cwest94

:rant:

Sears Automotive Center sucks big time with good old fashion customer service. I needed new tires for my daily driver and Sears wanted $173.97 per tire, which turned out to be the cheapest place for this tire in my area. So after spending a month searching around online for what tire to get for my car and where to get the best price, I found a tire store online that had what I wanted for $145 per tire and $77 for shipping.

As some of you may know, Sears says they will price match any competitor and also give you an additional 10% on top of that, all you need to do is print the online info stating the prices. So I called last Friday and the guy I talked to said that this was all correct and informed me to bring everything in, said he needed to special order the tires and that I had to put a deposit down which I said was fine.

So I went on Monday on the way home from the gym and the lady looked into their system and that the tire was $173.97 each and would do the price match but that I had to pay half of the shipping charges that the online store was charging, which was $77. I said ok and gave a $600 deposit and she called the tire maker and placed an order and off I went with all my papers.

Some guy from Sears calls me today to say the tires just came in, so I ran over after lunch to get them. Well first the kid at the desk tells me that only 3 of the tires came in and that no one should of called me, he then went back to take another look (after I asked him too) and then comes back saying that all 4 are in the store. So I proceed to tell him that I want the price match of the online store and I want my %10 discount on top of it which means I should get about $50 back, he just goes on and on about how I have to pay the full price. I said to him that I am not paying $173.99 per tire and he rudely interrupted me saying "they are $173.97" I then yell back "sorry for being off 2 freaking cents!". So he goes to his manager and talks to him in the office and then comes back out 5mins later saying his manager is looking into things and will be out in a second.

So I wait for another 20 minutes at the counter till someone comes out and asks me if anyone is waiting on me, I told him I was waited on and that I am still waiting for the manager to come out and get things settled and he then says "I am the manager you are waiting on". I was like WTF is this place. So he tells me that he has to charge me $165 for each tire and that he can not charge me any less. I mention their policy and I showed him the print out from their very own website sears.com and he kept saying he is giving me the discount and what the guy told me over the phone on the Friday before and what the lady told me on Monday was not correct and he refused to call any of them to confirm things. I was steaming at this point and people were standing behind me waiting in line so I just told him to charge me damn card for the difference ($102) and I'll never come back and I'll spread the word. He didn't seem to care of my poor customer service.

What ever happened to good customer service and people standing behind their own company policies? I will never in my life go back to Sears for tires and no way in hell I would ever let them touch my car or truck for any work.

I guess I'll consider the $150 extra that I ended up spending as a lesson learned in life.

Sorry for the long message but I do feel a little better getting it out.

:rant:

Sears SUCKS!!!! I agree. I only have had 1 good bout with them. And now a days it seems like customer service at some places does suck.. Sears just doesn't care. When I go inside to the tool department there is Never anyone around and if they are they can't help..

Sorry for your bad experince.

Wow if i was you i would call back and get the names of both the lady you spoke to the man u spoke to on friday and the mangers name you dealt with. I would then find out the general managers name and give him a call or send him an e-mail. If that gets you no where i would go over his head. You were promised something and did not get it. I would def not drop it and take it as a lesson learned!

more and more stores are doing this type of $hit. They just don't care about the customer any more. It's all about the bottom line. The good ole' days are gone for the most part. People are lazy MF'ers who don't want to work and who have no respect for anybody but themselves :rant:

sorry I had to add to your rant :jester:

sears broke a power steering line on my toyota pulling it off the alignment rack(after not performing the alingment they said they could do), there was a trail of p/s fluid coming from the lift all the way to my car. i threw a fit, but got no remorse or appology from anyone there. i feel for you man. sears service sucks. i like the tools, but everything else is horrible.

Dude the customer is always right if they say they can beat any price then they have to keep their word!! I don't do it at my work because my policy is strict. I had no problem with sears auto, but my sis did a couple of months ago. She took in her tahoe for brakes, she went in for the front brakes and came out with all four. She didn't need all four, she ended up paying 650 bucks for all that. Ok so a week later she is coming home from work and her brakes are squeeking, rotors are getting chewed up bad!, leaking brake fluid. So we take in back to sears and explain and show what happened, they say its not covered under any warrantty the only thing they could do is change the pads and add.more brake fluid. My sis was FURIOUS! So we get that done but, me working for tha competitor lucky I had the card for the top general manager for the so California sears automotive and I give him a call and explain. He says he will get on top of it. We take in next day everything was done with patience, and new parts all around. It was taken cared of with no expense. but iam never taking, or recomending them to any of my customers.

Wow if i was you i would call back and get the names of both the lady you spoke to the man u spoke to on friday and the mangers name you dealt with. I would then find out the general managers name and give him a call or send him an e-mail. If that gets you no where i would go over his head. You were promised something and did not get it. I would def not drop it and take it as a lesson learned!
:withstupid: That's exactly what I would do. You were told the same thing by 2 different people, then the manager changes his story. That's just not right.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry but I'm laughin readin this, you think customer service is bad??? try workin for the bastards!!! I work about 15 hours a week there as a second job, as a tech not a customer service guy though. And no I'm not gonna stand behind them and argue with you, what they did was messed up and I hate the place just as much, but do like the 10% employee discount on tools.

Our tech's that do brakes and alignments are pretty good, two of em have been workin there for 30 years, but I cant say the same for the other stores I've been to... If you raise enough hell they will just give you what you want, speak to the entire store manager and not the automotive manager though.

I dunno, in our store every once in a while we have shit happen that is our fault, but when it does we make sure to compensate for it. Of course too we get the idiot customers, one the other night basically said that we were supposed to call him and tell him when to rotate his tires......... We told him we cant call him every day and ask if he's driven 6000 miles yet.... So yeah in your case it was sears fault, but ya gotta admit that there are retarded customers out there.

They have a form on their website that you can fill out with your experience and supposedly someone will get back in touch with you. I've decided to wait till my first day off and go back to the store and hunt down the store manager, I want nothing to do with the auto center at this point. I'm still pissed off of how I was treated and talked too, but I've also cooled down some.

It sucks how customer service everywhere has gone down the crapper. I work for a computer company and before my promotion the first of this year I did tech support over the phone and I have some stories to tell of the idiots who called in, but I still treated them with respect.

I also think i ticked off the auto center because I would not allow them to touch my car and put the tires on, plus the fact that they were going to charge me $297 to do the work. Ya, you read that correctly and it's amazing how a lot of people fall for their crap. I felt sorry for a poor lady who came in asking to get a tire patched on her Saturn and they told her that she needed to replace 2 tires instead and she was like "oh, ok".

Oh, and yes, every time I go in their store you can not find anyone to help you and if you do, they say they dont work in that department. I tried to buy something last christmas from their fitness department and after spending 2 hours trying to get someone to help me so I could buy the item, I walked out and bought it online.

They have a form on their website that you can fill out with your experience and supposedly someone will get back in touch with you. I've decided to wait till my first day off and go back to the store and hunt down the store manager, I want nothing to do with the auto center at this point. I'm still pissed off of how I was treated and talked too, but I've also cooled down some.

It sucks how customer service everywhere has gone down the crapper. I work for a computer company and before my promotion the first of this year I did tech support over the phone and I have some stories to tell of the idiots who called in, but I still treated them with respect.

I also think i ticked off the auto center because I would not allow them to touch my car and put the tires on, plus the fact that they were going to charge me $297 to do the work. Ya, you read that correctly and it's amazing how a lot of people fall for their crap. I felt sorry for a poor lady who came in asking to get a tire patched on her Saturn and they told her that she needed to replace 2 tires instead and she was like "oh, ok".

Oh, and yes, every time I go in their store you can not find anyone to help you and if you do, they say they dont work in that department. I tried to buy something last christmas from their fitness department and after spending 2 hours trying to get someone to help me so I could buy the item, I walked out and bought it online.

297??? damn! what kind of car is it? And the tech only gets $8 for installing the tires for commission...and that's on a truck! $6 for a car... they really jew us outta money

there's always a wait to talk to the CSA, half because of the idiotic scheduling and other half because customers wanna know the price of every single tire in stock.... They came down and limited our alloted hours BAD, so sometimes you'll only have one customer service guy for the whole auto center. And when someone says they dont work in that department, like for example if a customer randomly asked me how much a tire or anything is, I wouldnt have a clue, they dont teach the techs how to look that up in the computer, I just put em on.

It really ticks me off when they do that crap, when someone comes in for a flat repair and they try and sell em all we have. They are working on commission so put them in the same category as a salesman at a car dealership. I heard our manager sell someone a "winterizing" package.... I asked her what the f*&^ that was, she said just checking the fluids and topping off the coolant....... I'm sure it cost way more than it should have. They're REALLY bad about that on selling alignments...

I'm probly gonna quit in the near future, the job isnt worth the money, and i cant stand the place anymore, I was just in it to get my certifications out of it. Like I said though, RAISE HELL and they'll give ya what you want, especially if it's the store manager that doesnt know much about the automotive section.

Whatever an employer says, the company has to do. Regardless if its wrong or right, it goes back on the employer not the person buying the item. So if they were 'wrong' which they obviously aren't, they still are required to do what was promised and told to you, and the employer will get fired, but since they're just being idiots, I'd just go and ask the 'manager' wheres his boss.

Whatever an employer says, the company has to do. Regardless if its wrong or right, it goes back on the employer not the person buying the item. So if they were 'wrong' which they obviously aren't, they still are required to do what was promised and told to you, and the employer will get fired, but since they're just being idiots, I'd just go and ask the 'manager' wheres his boss.

yeah, and like I said their advertising is pretty bad. Put an ad in the paper for a tire, they'll say it's $49.99, but that's for the smallest size in that tire...so when the customer comes up, happens all the time, their size turns out to be literall twice the price, and then it turns bad. But then again, most businesses do that, but sears does it worse.