Sears Automotive

cwest94

i also used to work for Sears, used to work at the Savannah branch during the summer between semesters. most people would just stand around and not do crap, and sales people were the worst, they didnt care about anything as long as they were trying to make a sale. They would make a sale and the item would not even be in stock. I would have to tell the customer they were gonna have to go back up to the sales person and order the item and the customer would be furious. I actually had customers ask me if I was the only person working!

Fill out a form with the Better Business Bureau on line. The process is really hands off once you have the initial paperwork filled out. Let them deal with the BS. Sears is registered with the BBB so I would expect a positive resolution in your favor. Names, dates, times and written statements are critical. Good luck! :cheers:

I can shed some light on this subject as Im a current Sears Auto Center Employee(unfortunatly). The first thing they did wrong was 2 things.

Sears will price match any tire from any tire store for the exception of online suppliers. This is due to online prices being so low. Second the other tire store has to have that exact tire, size in stock to match it.

In any instance you ahould have gotten those tires for tha advetised price of Sears's competitor. I would go back into teh main Sears store, and ask for the main Auto center manager. Tell him what happened and they will make thigns right for you.

I hate working at Sears myself, but jobs are hard to come by and money is money, so im stuck here for now. The managment sucks, the Sales people steal sales from eachother and consatntly lie to customers to make a sale. I myself work up front doing sales. Im always getting screwed out of my honest earned money. The one thing I cant stand, is when a customer comes in and needs tires. We ask if they want an alignment and they should be done once a year. If they say no, its no. The managment and other sales poeple will add the alignmnet to the ticket without the customers knoweldge. I have seen this done 3 times. All in all, Discount tire is where its at to have tires installed etc. Online its tirerack.

The next time it's time to buy tires for either car, I'm just going to stick with tirerack.com. I took my car to the Toyota dealer to get them installed and paid $59 bucks, much less then what Sears was going to charge. I was also informed by the nice people at the Toyota dealer that my valve stems are part of the tire pressure system, so I didn't have to get new stems but Sears kept insisting that I also needed new valve stems even after I questioned them several times.

Sears here is a joke ....my little brother had a 80 Malibu he built frame off redo. everything that could be replaced was and was all new nothing rebuilt.the compleate front end and rear suspension was new including tires and wheels. the car was built for driving and drag racing with a 6 point roll bar. to stiffen it all up no flex at all. he took it to sears for a front end alignmet when he was ready for that part before getting it on the road. we watched the tech lift it on the rack and try to get it to flex and check the front end for play. and as we knew there was none. he came back in to the desk with a list of front end parts and stupid stuff saying it was all bad and needed to be replaced before the car could be aligned. so my brother went to his truck and got his large bundle of reciepts for the car. and procieded to show them where everythig was new and only had the time of loadding on and off the trailer on them. then he told them to get the store mannager and after that made them take it off the rack and we have never went back for any reason. just anouther way of companys trying to take advantage of the working class people ....................

You might want to try some of the local places. I drive south on 51 to a place. I have gotten my goodyear ls and my yokohama for the ss for 129.00 and 139.00 and i forget what i paid the third time but the price that he quotes has always been for the tire, mounting and balancing. The only extra beyond that price were the tax and tire disposal fee (i think 2 per tire).