Remote Starter

nkurs365@uwsp.edu

still on a mission to finding one! i found one the other day for almost $300, it was one that replaced your factory remote so that you would only have one remote.... i have been busy so i havent had much time to "google".... if you are looking for something like i am looking for, let me know... i've been looking for a replacement for the past month, during my not so busy days.

Sam's club had one for $200. Then it went to $300. Had an installation video. My boss installed one for his wife and found her starter melted in the driveway. Ziebart will install for $400. Fob doesn't replace factory. I was waiting till they improved. I'm sure there's a good one out there.

DEI 561T :cool:

??? OI dont know what that means, yeah my moms wont matter what I get her I am probabaly just going to get the remote start, she only drives like a cpl hundred miles a month, but her tahoe is the decked out version with the bose and whole works so it would be very similar to the SS I am assuming. I am looking for one that may double up as an alarm, I have seen vipers on ebay for like 225 but on the viper site they are 500 so just seems too good.

??? OI dont know what that means, yeah my moms wont matter what I get her I am probabaly just going to get the remote start, she only drives like a cpl hundred miles a month, but her tahoe is the decked out version with the bose and whole works so it would be very similar to the SS I am assuming. I am looking for one that may double up as an alarm, I have seen vipers on ebay for like 225 but on the viper site they are 500 so just seems too good.

Directed Electronics, Model 561T........add on remote start that works with the factory GM remotes and factory GM anti-theft system. I had this installed in my SSS for around $200 and change including labor......

OK went to the local audio shop pretty much the only one that would install these in Stevens Point. They want 275 for an 800 ft range remote start that doesnt integrate the keyless entry, or 395 for it installed with one fab that will integrate keyless entry and remote start. Both of those are one way remotes, for a two way it was like 590, and all compustar brand or something like that. Is this way overpriced ??

i got an avital from DEI. which is right under the viper. and it has remote start,security system, with a 2-way remote.. u can even tell what the temp. is inside the cab from the remote.. i can role my windows up and down from the remote.. it installed was $329 out the door.. S&S tire.street source.

http://www.thestreetsource.com/

Yeah wish I woulda known bout that sooner I would have brought my truck to get tuned and the remote start installed. I wouldnt be able to get it from her for the weekend and drive there its a little over 4 hrs so. I am just gonna say screw them I hate those guys anyways and do it myself with a friend who has done a bunch. THe only thing he needs to know is what is the T harness that I will need for her tahoe it is an 05 with bose and onstar.