Stock Dyno Run

goleee33

Well, I got my NNBS VMax truck tuned today and stock, it ran 292 hp after the tune, we got 305 max hp but gained up to 35 hp in the mid range rpm's. Also the tuner said it would not allow the converter to lock up? He said that usually adds around 10 more hp. I am completely stock other than tune now. Just curious as to what others are running

• 2 weeks later...

hm I would think you would be making more than 330, but you do have the older engine, not sure what the difference is though. I have to take it back because right now from start up the engine revs but won't go faster than 20 mph for a bit then all of a sudden the power kicks in randomly and it moves. Any ideas?

hm I would think you would be making more than 330, but you do have the older engine, not sure what the difference is though. I have to take it back because right now from start up the engine revs but won't go faster than 20 mph for a bit then all of a sudden the power kicks in randomly and it moves. Any ideas?

I made the 330hp with a mail order tune that should be around 400hp at the crank; I'll get to the dyno next summer can't wait to see the new numbers with the cam. Should be around 380hp now! Do you have a custom tune?

I do have a custom tune. I took it to the tuner today and he said it was because he completely 0'd out the TQ Management so he just set it at 1 percent and it no longer does this. Makes a huge difference. Probably going to get an exhaust and an intake to bring it to hopefully 315 or so at the wheels if not a bit more.