Fun with a Hemi today

2005SSR6Speed

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its one of the more fuller quad cabs i've ever ridden in.. I can actually fit back there... and that's a rarity.. I'm 6'4" tall and weigh in at 250-260lbs.. and I can't fit in the back of a damn chevy crew cab.. but I can a dodge.. (my dad had a 2002 dodge ram quad cab.. fit in it nicely.. but i could barely fit my fat ass in his 2003 chevy 1500HD...)

I have been watching and looking since you posted and the Quad Cab is the same size as the SS, aside from the small handles for the rear doors. Does the Quad Cab have a shorter bed like the Ford? They are a good looking truck, I feel they should be pretty close in performance with the HP advertised as being the same and all.

i dunno.. maybe the passenger side seat was just moved up further?

but I did fit better in the dodge than the chevy... :confused::confused:

actually I fit best in the new F-150's.. them things are nice inside! but its still a ford...

and no the quad cab has the same size bed as the reg cab..

dodge's have never been too well known for their tranny's... they suck.. that's where all the power is lost...

I raced a RCSB Hemi at the track yesterday. According to the owner he had TM removed, a cat back system, exhaust cutout, and cold air intake. He also had the spare removed and the tailgate off when he ran me. Later he had put it back on, just left it down. Anyway, he ran a 15.10 @ 89.69 to my 15.39 @ 90.12. :( We talked after the run and he was surprised that my big extended cab was hanging so close. Not my best run of the day or his either. I saw him run a 14.88 later.

funny.. dodge doesn't make an extended cab, 2001 was the last year of the extended cab.. lol.. so no.. its not the same as the ss, or the same weight...

but yeah, I'd expect a tank to be able to beat a QUAD CAB/CREW CAB/DOUBLE CAB whatever (extended is a cab and a half, not a quad cab) HEMI... specially if it was a 4x4... heavy ass mothers.. near 6000 lbs..

If the Ram was spinning the tires so dramatically, the Ram was not the heavy 4x4. If he was trying to pass on the right on a left turn, he was travelling a greater distance and probably backed-off. I would expect the Ram to keep up on the top end without the parasitic loss of AWD. Maybe he had less nerve.

Yes the 1500 Ram Quad Cab has a little more room in the back, but the trucks are essentially the same length and weight. They are both 4 door trucks. My nephew had his non-Hemi 2003 Quad Cab Ram at my house 2 weeks ago. Just for grins, I lined my truck up next to his in my driveway. The trucks were the same length side-by-side within 4 inches. From what I have ready the Hemi Quad cab weighs within 50lbs of the SSS. So there is no great weight advantage.

Rick R

The magazine just compared the HD F150, SCSB Dodge Hemi and the SS and the SS was faster and stopped quicker then the Hemi. The HD F150 got the title for fast but not by much. Maybe we should read the magazines instead of quoting friends. I guess this will ruffle a few, but I like all 3 of the trucks and am in no way beating on any make. It does seem that someone wants to argue though.

I had a little fun with a hemi a few weeks ago. It was a reg cab short bed 2wd with some kind of aftermarket exhaust on it...we raced for about 6 or seven miles...only had one good race with no traffic....i got him off the line and keep him in his place all the way up till the speed cutoff...109 sucks...raced a 300 m he could only pass me after i hit that....that really sucks...have to get thay taken care of!!!!!!! :chevy:

Archived