Fun with a Hemi today

2005SSR6Speed

Had a little fun today, I was setting at the light in the left turn lane today waiting for it to turn green so I could get on the on-ramp for Highway 15 South. Next to me pulls a brand new Dodge Ram Extended Cab with Hemi emblems on the fenders, nice looking truck. The light turns green as I start to turn onto the ramp and I hear the spinning of tires, I am not getting on it so I look. There right next to my right side I have this Hemi truck trying to gun past me onto the on-ramp and cut me off. I stomped it to the floor and left him setting there with ease, It was an extended cab just like the SS. I thought they had more then that, the on-ramp is a little over an 1/8 of a mile up hill but I hit the Highway about 10 truck lengths ahead of him. So I go down a little ways and hit the merge lane to transfer over to the 78 West and here he is again trying to cut me off. I once again hit it and left him, I really did think they were faster then that. The scales were equal as we were both extended cabs and he should have the same HP as the SS right. What gives?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was getting on the 15 South at the El Norte Exit, just North of the 78 switch. I live right up on Melrose, the South end. Ran into a guy with his family today at McDonalds with a really nice HD F150 that was 2 tone Black/Silver. Very nice guy we spoke briefly about trucks then went on about our lives. Hope we can sit down and have a coffee and conversation some time.

Still very nice, I love the old Cadillacs!!!!!

My dream car since a young buck has always been a 1932 Fenderless, Highboy Roadster with Halibrand rear and wheels. I am currently building a 1932 Chevrolet Roadster (All Metal) and it get me excited every time I think about it. I have been collecting the parts for almost 15 years. I have the complete body and an NOS Halibrand Champ Quick Change rear (10" ring gear) with finned bells and a set of new in the box NOS Halibrand Kidney Bean Wheels in 15X4.5 front and 15X8 rears. As soon as I get moved into my new home I will start putting it all together. It is titled as a 1932 Chevrolet Roadster also with tags that read "3CHEVY2", Chevrolet only made 1800 Roadsters in 1932. I didnt want a run of the mill 32 Ford, nothing against them just I have a Bowtie for a heart.

we have a local guy around here with a pretty bad ass old style hemi car. it has been in a magazine. there are even some pretty good burnout pic's (done about a mile from where my butt is parked at the moment) online that he did for popular hot rodding magazine. here's a pic:

hemi.jpg

funny.. dodge doesn't make an extended cab, 2001 was the last year of the extended cab.. lol.. so no.. its not the same as the ss, or the same weight...

but yeah, I'd expect a tank to be able to beat a QUAD CAB/CREW CAB/DOUBLE CAB whatever (extended is a cab and a half, not a quad cab) HEMI... specially if it was a 4x4... heavy ass mothers.. near 6000 lbs..

Archived