Fun with a Hemi today

2005SSR6Speed

here's what I hate.. people quoting magazines... I ran a 15.0 with my truck.. and that was on a shitty night.. that was stock. 100% stock. 67 degrees out side and so much moisture in the air you could see it! man it was horrible! another similar night out I ran a 14.9 with my intake/exhaust..

the exhaust I chose is supposedly the worse you can get for the hemi, as dyno's have proven to loose HP.. heh.. so Looks like my intake more than made up for it.. Hey I wanted noise.. and I got it. :jester:

its been proven the magazine all the SS owners quote from, the dudes couldn't drive... heck I didn't even stage my truck the night i ran the 14.9.. just flogged it from the 2nd yellow light.. probably coulda gotten 14.8 had I staged it a lil bit.. haha.. going back to the track in another month or so.. I'm giving my truck a break.. tired of paying 2 bucks a gallon for friggin' gas..

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With TM removed, performance exhaust and cold air intake the black RCSB Hemi I raced at the track (just got lined up that way) was running 14.88 to 15.10 with no spare tire and some runs with or without the tailgate. So yours is about the same.

I guess that's what I should have done? Not run in it as it is on the street but take off the tailgate, remove the spare, jack and tools, back seat, console, passenger seat....let's see...what else? And then I could run 14.9's or better? Well, that might be fun but I don't see the point in posting a time my truck can't usually run....anytime/anyday!

• 4 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents worth. One of my friends bought a "Crew cab" Dodge...well the full four door version. His truck is a 2003 with the Hemi engine. We were leaving a restaurant one night and of course we had to race them.... :D . Of course off the line i stomped him and around 2nd gear I was about 4 truck lengths on him and he came within about 2 truck lengths but could never catch up ...Actually feell back around 65 MPH. I am not sure why but I am convinced that the SS is definately stronger. At the time both of our trucks were stock with nothing more than K& N filters.

One of my best Friends raced his Hemi reg cab, 2x4 Sportthe same as the Magazine, and he was running 15.15with the tailgate down and the spare off, but you never know it would be the track , he and others mentioned it was really slick. BUT he raced a lightning stock one and with the tailgate up in all and the lightning ran a 13.9 So I don't know how anyone could actually estimate the correct time. :flag:

Archived