Awd On 2wd Dyno

They are finishing up my engine build, 408 stroker with maggie. My truck is a 2004 AWD SSS... I was wondering if there is some way to disconect the front drive shaft and get a RWHP reading or is that going to be a problem. If anyone has done this please help me out. My tuner can tune on the street but i just want to see what kind of power it's making. also if the front is disconnected is there a percent that i have to account for that would have been going to the front wheels..thanks...

yes it can be done, just unbolt the four 11mm bolts that hold the ds to the diff and pull it out of the tc. Just make sure you do not drive the truck on the street with the front diff disconnected. only on the dyno.

Thank you for your help. Have you done this yourself. I talked to Chase and he said you have to throw it into nutral after long pulls. Any other input would be great. Thanks for your help guys.... :cheers:

Thank you for your help. Have you done this yourself. I talked to Chase and he said you have to throw it into nutral after long pulls. Any other input would be great. Thanks for your help guys.... :cheers:

Yes both chase and I did it... the only advice is to not keep it in gear with the brakes applied, the tc will make some crazy noises. when in gear keep the rear wheels rolling, even at low speeds. when stopping, then put the trans in neutral

Yes both chase and I did it... the only advice is to not keep it in gear with the brakes applied, the tc will make some crazy noises. when in gear keep the rear wheels rolling, even at low speeds. when stopping, then put the trans in neutral

Is there any possible way to do some serious damage.. just making sure..thanks again for all your help

• 2 weeks later...