Jet power shift kit questions

Has anyone used or seen a Jet power shift kit. I have been going back and forth with the people of jet and want to install one. They say it will work with the 4l65e transmission. I just want to know if you guys think it is a good idea. I want to know how easy it is. This is what the people of Jet wrote me:

Yes, the 4L65 and the 4L60 have the same electronics so it will work. The install is pretty easy, 2 wires go to the transmission harness, power and ground and that's it. Average install time is about an hour.

Thanks!

JET Transmissions

Any Imput would be appreciated.

You can check it out at http://www.jetchip.com/

i don't believe with that one you have to go into the trans, but you really aren't gaining much out of it. i'd really recomend a straight up shift kit for it, much better.

I am going to put it in and see what happens. It is only $130 and they say it is only a 1 hour install. I really have nothing to loose. If anything I can always sell it on ebay. If anyone has any more Info on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Not familiar with this, but sounds like it probably tricks the pressure control solenoids in the trans in order to increase line pressure... agree with zippy, shift kit is better way to increase line pressure. A shift kit is next on my mod list... :thumbs:

I had the B&M one in my s-10. All it did was up the line pressure ao that it would shift harder. From what I understand there not as reliable, but nice to use every now and then. Just dont ride around on the max level all the time.

Tell us how it performs for you. I was told the Jet one was better than the B&M but it was $100 more and I couldn't swing that.

• 2 weeks later...

I put in the jet power shift yesterday as well as the jet SCU 2000 which eliminates the top speed and allows you to change for tire size and gearing. I must say I am pretty impressed with the power shift. All it is is 4 wires. 2 hook inot the trany harness and the other two are power. It has 4 settings stock, stage1, stage2, and race. If you go to stage2 or race it feels like you are driving a standard. I love it. Easy to install and pretty cool looking in the cabin. Oh yeah I also burried the needle today. Well over the govened speed of 110. I must have been at about 125-130 so looks like everything works as advertized.

• 2 weeks later...
What concerns me about getting my tranny tuned by a chip pcm flash is not being able to turn it off when i dont want my neck broken

It's not that bad! I just recieved and installed my custom tuned PCM and the shifts are really nice. Under full throttle, there is such a positive shift now, but under normal driving, it feels like stock. I have no idea how it would be with a stall converter and shift kit though......

I think a shift kit will be the next mod for me......

Late- Alex

Archived