How Do I Remove Chevy Bow-tie

Well they are tight or they wouldn't work well...just stick the screwdriver in the notch thats there and pry it up.

u can remove the entire thing in 1 piece. behind the bowtie theres 2 plastic bolts with to kinda nuts on them. lay under the truck and reach up there with a socket. i believe its a 10 mm or 8 mm. once u pull those off the entire emblem comes out without scratching or breaking.

u can remove the entire thing in 1 piece. behind the bowtie theres 2 plastic bolts with to kinda nuts on them. lay under the truck and reach up there with a socket. i believe its a 10 mm or 8 mm. once u pull those off the entire emblem comes out without scratching or breaking.

and on top of that u can take the bowtie out of the holder after u rempve the whole thing without breaking it.

what they said, I just put a standard screw driver in the slot and twist easily and it pops up. But the right tool works even better.

As far as removing the bowtie, on my 06, I just push the hood latch over to make enough room to slide my arm down the opening. There's enough room to remove the 2 nuts and install the 2 new ones without taking the cover off on mine.

what they said, I just put a standard screw driver in the slot and twist easily and it pops up. But the right tool works even better.

As far as removing the bowtie, on my 06, I just push the hood latch over to make enough room to slide my arm down the opening. There's enough room to remove the 2 nuts and install the 2 new ones without taking the cover off on mine.

that also helps when reinstalling the factory one. it hurts my arm to get down by the latch and unscrew it.

that also helps when reinstalling the factory one. it hurts my arm to get down by the latch and unscrew it.

Don't be a wuss, haha. Yeah, it can mark your forearm a bit my way, but compared to the other projects I've taken on for my last few rides, it's minor.