hotchkis instill

evandostert

I was reading somewhere that we have a special frame(hydroform) and that we are not supposed to drill through it. That is what I want to do when I install my hotchkiss sways. Is drilling welding to the frame a bad idea???

I think there would be risk of breaking the bars. There would be no give and they would just snap, or so it would seem.

Has anyone tried yet

Which part? Welding, or installing sway bars, or both? I don't see how welding is going to help the usefulness of sway bars. In fact, I've never read about anyone wanting to do just that. I would call Hotchkis first.

I run a company that is an aftermarket body builder and build on Chevy and Ford cab and chassis. There is nothing in Fords QVM about drilling into or welding on to the frame except for disconnecting the batteries at the risk of frying the PCM when welding, which I do on every truck that I get. The main concern on the chevy chassis is heat i.e. cutting torch, welding and that it can weaken the frame rails. Mainly this applies to torches because people tend to heat the area other than what there trying to remove. Ive never seen any problems with drilling into the frame on a truck.

Archived