Putting Kicker 12s Under The Seat

I have 2 Kicker 12 inch CompVR subs and a kicker amp that I had in my old bronco. I'm wanting to put them in my SS but I need some help deciding on which box will work. I'm looking at this box from subthump.

http://www.subthump.com/ctbultra.htm

Kicker's website says the minimum sealed box should be 1 cubic foot but the box is .92 cubic feet per side. Will that damage the subs?

I like the look of the Silverado written on the box but is there a place I could keep the amp out of the way?

Also will it be better if I have an aftermarket headunit installed? I've never messed with these bose sytems.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by wolfpackman (see edit history)

the .08 wouldn't make much of a difference. i've heard the cvx's in a small box like that and they sound great. but just wouldn't be as loud as a bigger box.

the amp could be mounted behind the back seat. and an aftermarket headunit would make wirirng the subs easier.

I have tens mounted into a box like that, I wanted 12s but the audio guys i deal with said that since its not that much room 12s would not make that much difference. I personally have no idea, thats just what the guy told me. I mounted my amp behind the box were the tire changing kit is.

I built a box kinda like that and it was easy as hell, if you have any experience building boxes you should try it yourself. I used to have 2 MTX 12's but now I have one Comp VR 12 and it sounds great, not loud but thats how I wanted it. I did have to raise the seat a little-- heres a pic-

2584620103_de21e286b9.jpg

I built a box kinda like that and it was easy as hell, if you have any experience building boxes you should try it yourself. I used to have 2 MTX 12's but now I have one Comp VR 12 and it sounds great, not loud but thats how I wanted it. I did have to raise the seat a little-- heres a pic-

2584620103_de21e286b9.jpg

that's a nice box man. unfortunately i don't have any experience in building sub enclosures. i would like to ask how large the hole was for the CompVR 12? On the kicker website it says it needs 11 and 1/8 inches however I've notice that most boxes only come with an 11 inch hole for 12s. could i run into any problems there?

I think I have that same amp btw

I think it was 11 1/8" but Im not sure, its not hard to make it bigger if you have to. If you have the same amp as me be careful I blew my sub at a car show cause I had it cranked all the way up for about an hour straight and it melted some stuff inside. But that was just the 1 sub hooked up