Centerline Tomcats

I saw my Tomcats today and I almost don't want them, the raised surface is polished nice but the machine tool used to cut the inlays left 1/2" circular swirl marks. Does anyone else with Tomcats have these marks visable or are mine just a bad batch?

Let me know, Thanks

It's all part of the look. I actually like it. It's to add to the appearance, not to take away from it. If they didn't want that part to enhance the look, then all the non-high buffed areas would look the same, IMO.

Okay, I am over it. But, damn these rims are sharp.

515780_19_full.jpg

I looked at the Stingray III's I have on my Suburban and they have no sign of these swirls. I called Centerline and they said "a dremel will help remove the marks". No thanks. I hardly think that is a good idea. I used mothers wheel compound on one and it cleaned up nice. I suppose your right $200 wheels; you get what you pay for. Had I known I would have taken the $1k I spent on new tires and kept the old ones and bought the next step up from Centerline.

For anyone who doesn't have a set of Tomcats in the driveway and wants to know this is where the marks are:

515780_18_full.jpg

Thanks for the responses, I guess there is no need to post a pic when they get on.

I just got off of the phone with my local Centerline dealer. He quoted me 495.00 a peice for the Tomcats. I was a little suprised. Let me know where you guys got yours for 200 a wheel a road trip would be inorder. :eek:

I may be wrong, but I thought they couldn't mark up these wheels that way. Call Centerline and see what they say and tell them about your quotes. They respond to email usually within a few days.

I just talked to my speed shop here, and if you want, you can order through them and they'll ship to you. I can get more specifics tomorrow. Wait until the guy I ordered from comes in tomorrow - he had the day off. Let me know. I think I paid right at $815, with tax. I was charged shipping after they showed up and that came in at a little over $60 - that may be diff for you.

Archived