What is the best lowering kit out there?

SSMANIAC

Hello:

Got my rims and now I must lower it to make it look even better :D I don't know how much lower I want to go, I have to keep in mind that I drive my truck in the winter and I have to keep ground clearence for that damn white stuff. HELP ME PLEASE!! Also how much you think a shop will charge me to get it installed? Best kit for the money? :confused:

The McGaughy kit is $384 and comes with the front spindles, rear spring shackles and rear spring hangers. It should cost between $200 and up to $450 to do the install and have it realigned. It takes about 3-4 hours to install without the spring hangers, I would add another 1-1.5 hours for the hangers. A real good alignment will cost you about $125 depending on where you get it, make sure they have the adapters for 20" wheels before you leave it for them. I would also ask that if possible, print this thread and bring it with you so you know what I am talking about.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...?showtopic=4902

Hello:

Got my rims and now I must lower it to make it look even better :D I don't know how much lower I want to go, I have to keep in mind that I drive my truck in the winter and I have to keep ground clearence for that damn white stuff. HELP ME PLEASE!! Also how much you think a shop will charge me to get it installed? Best kit for the money? :confused:

The cheep route, BellTech #6400's, and turn down the front some. With alignment and install, $120

Archived