Ss Or Tundra

Kody1K

ive had so many of those wanting to race me on a certain road near me but I never race on a public road (alot of people get bs at me for that, but safety first) :cool: . Too bad they refuse and never want to go to the local track and play, otherwise I would have real results for ya. I want the full race though, laps and drags.

Stock for stock the DC Tundra will beat the SS the Crew Max is right on par or a little slower too. A good friend of mine has a DC Tundra with glass packs in place of the stock muffler and pulls 14.29 in the 1/4 on stock tires. He's almost certain he could break into 13's with drag radials as he has to baby it off the line. They're not that much heavier than the SS and put out about as much at the wheels as we make at the crank. He doesn't beat me by much but it will take at least a tune and full exhaust for me to beat him. Now if he gets that new chip I'll be looking at headers and possibly a cam to get back up on him.

they do have that trd blower option....

but that blower sucks ASS. have ya'll ever heard a trd blower runnin?

it seriously sounds like a bunch of aluminum cans clankin around in the engine.

i hear em on scion tc's all the time.

and not to mention, the trd blower vs. an aftermarket blower is slow. the trd for a scion only gives like 40 extra.

they do have that trd blower option....

but that blower sucks ASS. have ya'll ever heard a trd blower runnin?

it seriously sounds like a bunch of aluminum cans clankin around in the engine.

i hear em on scion tc's all the time.

and not to mention, the trd blower vs. an aftermarket blower is slow. the trd for a scion only gives like 40 extra.

The trd blower for the tundra is a TVS1900 from eaton... not trash at all, it is the latest and greatest in roots technology. The tuning is what is holding that package back. I hate the tundra, but props to yota for offering what the consumer want IMO. comparing it to the scion sc is like apple and bellpeppers.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

I read somewhere that the new tundra puts out about 305 at the wheels with the 5.7L my truck, although tuned otherwise stock puts out that much and its a few hundred pounds lighter. I think i could take one on. But i do have the 07 cc vmax. Im not sure what the ss numbers are stock.

What dyno were these Tundras putting down 305 on? I've seen guys putting down close to 340 in some of them. I've seen the new Titans putting down almost 300 too. They're saying the drivetrain in the Tundra is so efficient they're typically losing 12-15% at the wheels. I was just reading some dyno numbers from a guy with a 4x4 crewmax with the blower putting down 460 to the wheels and another with full exhaust, headers and the blower putting down 504 in a regular cab. He didn't have any 1/4 mile runs but a guy with a crewmax 4x4 with a camper shell was getting 13.51 with the blower. I'll never understand these guys buying 4x4s getting the blowers. I can't wait to see the 1/4 times from a blown RC Tundra...SRT-10s will no longer be the fastest production truck...