Just for comparisons sake

Mervz

• Admin

I just wanted to let you all know that right now, i'm driving a 2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT. I think this is pretty cool becuase it sort of gives me a preview to what type of acceleration numbers the SS might deliver.

The EXT has the SS's same 345hp 6.0L engine, all-wheel-drive, and is almost 500 lbs heavier. (EXT=5752lbs, SS=5298lbs)

I just picked it up today, so i have not yet had any chance to run any 0-60 testing. By the seat of my pants, it feels nice and quick. Not make you piss your pants fast, but very respectable. The SS, with the weight advantage should see a 1/4 mile time one half second faster than what the EXT could do.

I'll let you all know the results of my testing! :cheers:

Mervz- Here are a few questions for you to consider:

Let us know what you think of the AWD system. Like how it handles on a quick right turn, from a stop. What happens if you hit a patch of water and loose traction on a few tires? Can you even break traction from a full throttle, standing start?

Does the EXT use the throttle by wire like the SS? If so, how does it feel? Do you even notice it?

Of course, we will want to know the 1/4 mile time using power braking ;)

• Admin

You guys can chuckle, but the EXT moves pretty damn well. And, while its no lightning, its not a slouch either! And remember, my daily driver is a Corvette. :)

I plan on running 0-60 runs tomorrow. :cool:

• Admin

ok, i'm back from the first few runs..

Just worth a mention is that Motor Trend has the EXT with a 8 second 0-60mph time. They have the SS with a 7 second 0-60 time.

This morning i did 10 runs (5 one direction, 5 reverse) and averaged them. I got an average 0-60mph run of 6.5 seconds !!! :eek:

I knew this thing was fast!!! Take 500lbs off and give locking rear diff and we should be very close to consistand high 5 second runs in the SS. :thumbs:

Mervz:

Any thoughts on how Motor Trend missed the EXT by 1.5 secs.? :confused: There seems to to be a big discrepancy in your times and Motor Trends, and I'm certainly not questioning your times with the EXT. If your estimation of high 5's for the SS comes to be true, the STOCK Harley is in trouble and the STOCK Lightning will be getting a lot of close company from the SS!!!!!!!!! :cheers::chevy:

How many miles would you allow my new truck to break in before we start timing it?!?! I don't want to hurt anything now or down the road because I didn't let the engine break in! :cool:

Justin :chevy:

PS- The dealer is still waiting on the invoice and of course.....truck. :shakehead:

• Admin
Mervz:

Any thoughts on how Motor Trend missed the EXT by 1.5 secs.? :confused: There seems to to be a big discrepancy in your times and Motor Trends, and I'm certainly not questioning your times with the EXT. If your estimation of high 5's for the SS comes to be true, the STOCK Harley is in trouble and the STOCK Lightning will be getting a lot of close company from the SS!!!!!!!!! :cheers::chevy:

You know, i really can't tell you anything but that i've found MT to be always SLOW.

They rate the 02 Z06's at 12.8 seconds in the 1/4, but know of at least two people who are running 11.5 in STOCK Z06's!! :eek:

Its all driver i guess! (and i guess they don't have a good driver)

• Admin
How many miles would you allow my new truck to break in before we start timing it?!?!

I would give it the normal 500 miles before i really really flogged it. During that time i wouldn't baby it, but don't go doing WOT all the time either. :)

And, by the look of it, your SS will be the first one that i'll be able to see in person (from the real build), and hopefully use the G-Tech on. :jester:

Nice #'s Mervz...Lets just wait and see how they perform in the real world at the track and *gasp* on the street! lol

Im sure it runs pretty decent but all I can say is I STILL cant wait for one to pull up next to me at a light or on the highway for a beating by a 17 year old truck!!! lol

And yes...I am down on HP and gearing*and weight granted*(4200 w/me) on the New SS and EXT. hehe

I will be glad to see you all get them and start seeing them on the streets...they are the only new chevy style I like with the Barfalanche front end.

Archived