Just for comparisons sake

Mervz

They rate the 02 Z06's at 12.8 seconds in the 1/4, but know of at least two people who are running 11.5 in STOCK Z06's!! :eek:

Who and where?? damn I know about redshifter or what ever in mass running 11.8's but he isnt "stock" but damn close. Impressive as hell nonetheless.

Seems like most Z06's run from 12.4-12.9 stock as a whole..

• Admin

They rate the 02 Z06's at 12.8 seconds in the 1/4, but know of at least two people who are running 11.5 in STOCK Z06's!!  :eek:

Who and where?? damn I know about redshifter or what ever in mass running 11.8's but he isnt "stock" but damn close. Impressive as hell nonetheless.

Seems like most Z06's run from 12.4-12.9 stock as a whole..

Its Powershifter. And i know Rick very well. :D He's who has taught me how to drag race.

The only mods he has is a Vararam, 160 stat, and BFG street tires. Still damn good to get 11.5 with 405hp. :chevy:

I seem to recall reading about MotorTrends testing methodology once. They do their 0-60 and 1/4 mile tests from an idle, no power braking as most of us would do to get the best time. I think that is one reason for the comments you see people making about the 'dumb test drivers' at magazines.

• Admin
If it is true what you say about Motor Trend's times being off, then does that mean that when they got a 14.7 for the Harley it really does a 13.2? Or when they got a 15.1 in a regular cab Hemi Ram, it should be a 13.6? Or does that logic only apply to Chevys?

I really can't tell you, but i welcome anyone to come out and verify the times with me. I'm just giving you what i got. :)

• Admin
I seem to recall reading about MotorTrends testing methodology once. They do their 0-60 and 1/4 mile tests from an idle, no power braking as most of us would do to get the best time. I think that is one reason for the comments you see people making about the 'dumb test drivers' at magazines.

I tried powerbraking, but on the EXT it gave me slower times than just stpoming on the gas the split second after left off the brake.

Archived