Killed a 3rd Gen. Camaro

hebbNH

This kid at my school just got a 3rd gen. camaro and has been hyping it up like it's the fastest thing on the road. He asked if I wanted to race and I gladly accepted. Went out to a long straight outside of town and lined up. It was a little wet so I gave him a second head start, but by the time I hit 90 I had about 4 truck lengths on him. It wasn't even close. He was pissed and wouldn't even talk to me afterwards. Thought a camaro woulda been faster than that...

Ooops, forgot to mention anything about that. I'm not sure what model it is, but I've heard the engine is either the 305 ci V8 or an LT1 swapped from a corvette. By outcome of the race I'd say it's the 305, but not for sure...

sure is quite a difference between an LT1 and a 305. the LT1 would have had to have been swapped in a third gen since the LT1 didn't come in f-bodies until the 4th gen. the couple 305 third gens i had went pretty well, but i made them that way. most 305 third gens at the track were good for low 16's with a couple bolt on's.

Archived