04' Ford FX4

7a7SS

i blew the doors off a lot of stuff this weekend. on sunday i went to catch a movie with my cousin - walking tall - i was running a little late so i put the pedal to the floor. there wasn't much traffic. managed to bury the speedometer. blew by another SS too. same guy i see everytime i go up to the white bear lake area. black of course.

No shot guys, I blew the doors off a 5.4 boss F-150 (the yellow one with black stripes) when my truck was bone stock. Let those ford boys keep dreaming.

Ford boys keep dreaming? I think the SS is kick @ss, but we are talking about the run of the mill F-150 arn't we? Just like the run of the mill Hemis. I don't think the Ford boys need to dream to much as they have the Lightning and HDs running around to cover their sport truck needs, which is what the SS is, a sport truck, not a run of the mill truck.

I test drove a 2WD 2004 300hp F150 Extended Cab and it sure did not feel like 300hp. I am used to vehicles that can easily merge and I cannot even call the Ford 150 economy car zippy, much less fast/quick. The Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi stomped it. I have read that the Nissan Titan kills it. It would be absolutely no competition for the SSS!

Rick R

the SS will beat a regular 150. But ford isn't claiming the 150 is a racer. It is like comparing apples to oranges. Anyway, I drive a Lightning, and I was wondering how The SS takes off with AWD?

I think the original post was, can his SS beat a 150 FX4? We are not trying to compare our SS to a lightning, or a normal F150. His question was valid because he knows nothing of the "new" F150 or it's abilities.

The AWD system launches hard, but hasn't pulled the 60' times I had hoped for. :( Weight :nono:

of course its no competition! LOL! my b/f works for a ford dealership so we have fun on the days the boss isnt there testing their products against the ss. so far nothing but the lightning and the hd are any competition, and as for the 5.4L FX4 F-150...theres no way in hell! btw..was this >>

Ford boys keep dreaming? I think the SS is kick @ss, but we are talking about the run of the mill F-150 arn't we? Just like the run of the mill Hemis. I don't think the Ford boys need to dream to much as they have the Lightning and HDs running around to cover their sport truck needs, which is what the SS is, a sport truck, not a run of the mill truck.
some hating or was it just me??

of course its no competition! LOL! my b/f works for a ford dealership so we have fun on the days the boss isnt there testing their products against the ss. so far nothing but the lightning and the hd are any competition, and as for the 5.4L FX4 F-150...theres no way in hell! btw..was this >>
some hating or was it just me??

No hating, but you said the same thing I did, which is, the F-150 is no competion for the SS because it wasn't meant to be.

Hatred aside, this guy and I have learned a few things from one another over the past couple years :cheers: However some lessons are better LEARNED than taught! :smash: I have yet to catch him while I’ve been in the SS :devil: , saw him this weekend but I was in the wife’s car :nonod: The feeling in the air, we will meet at dawn or midnight one of these days.

Seven :chevy:

No hating, but you said the same thing I did, which is, the F-150 is no competion for the SS because it wasn't meant to be.

The SS is not supposed to be competion for a Lighting. But my SS is still a truck something the lighting or Dodge RT guys can't claim. Would love to see the lighting or RT pulling a 21' boot behind it. I would laugh my a** off.

All things consider all these trucks target the market they are after.

The SS I would not claim to be an all out Sport Truck lot of parts on this thing are the same as every other 1/2 ton GM truck. For the most part the tuning in the susp. is different, couple susp. parts are differnt, bigger engine(yet not the baddest gm production engine), AWD, interior and exterior details, and 20" tires.

The lighting and RT a built for one thing and that is to go fast in a "truck shell".

Not knocking the SS, Ford or the RT they do what they were designed to do. But to be fair the only direct comprassion we should do is the RT to the Lighting.

Jeff

Archived