No Cruise Control

nkurs365@uwsp.edu

Sounds like you need to add some resistors in-line with the wiring for the LED tail lights.

I have heard the LED tails can spell all kninds of trouble with blinker relays and stuff due to the decreased load inherent to the LEDs.

Do some research on the net and determine what kind of resistors you need to add to your tail light harness to correct for the LEDs.

I'm confident this will solve the problem. :thumbs:

Ok but i dont have any led lights on my truck I put on some HID's and put in subs thats all i have done fro electronics. Everything worked fine after both of those installs, so any idea why mine is doing this, and it just happened all of a sudden.

Ok but i dont have any led lights on my truck I put on some HID's and put in subs thats all i have done fro electronics. Everything worked fine after both of those installs, so any idea why mine is doing this, and it just happened all of a sudden.

My 03 ss is doing this too! I have concluded that it only happens after i go and mess around i the snow or rain, such as donuts and putting it sideways around a turn, but i comes back after a few days?!?! :confused: I don't know whats going on

have you checked the fuses under the dash and under the hood thats where i would start my SSS has led taillights led driving lights and led blinkers and the cruise works perfect but after i put the led taillights in the tahoe the cruise went crazy i am even able to just put the adapter in the trailer wire harness that has the red test lights on the end and the cruise will work

i have this exact same problem when i drive in the snow, it happened last year twice after i did donuts in the snow and it happened to me last week when i was driving in a snowstorm. the light flickers but will not turn on, mine fixes itself after a few days and it works again i've never looked into a way to fix it, just give it a week or so and see if it comes back on

have you checked to see if the control stick is faulty?

No but if the stick was screwed wouldn't my wipers not work? everything else works, the snow may be a culprit it has been in the snow for like the last 2 weeks just washed it today and let it sit in a heated garage for awhile so ill see if that helped at all

No but if the stick was screwed wouldn't my wipers not work?

There are microswitches in that stick, in the very tip and on the side that control the CC. If one of those switches goes bad then the CC will not work.....

So just as you guys said my cruise started working today must have been the snow ....but why do speed sensors freeze up or something ?

Mine is still dead, but flickering when i press the button, maybe it'll come back today... :confused:

• 1 month later...

I think i figured out this mystery of the phantom cruise control.... I just encountered this problem last week and thought it was the switch in the stick. Fuse was good too. I searched the forum and found this thread. PimpSS gave me a clue about hooking up trailer lights and the problem goes away. I opened my trailer lights spring loaded cover and there was standing water in it from moshing in the snow. The cover held the water in, giving a short for the braking lights.. I opened the cover and dried it the best i could with a rag. I took some uncle bens instant rice and stuffed it in there to absorb the moisture (no wire dry handy) It did the trick!!! I then used some electric contact cleaner and some wire dry... let me know if this works....

Edited by 2quik4u (see edit history)