Gmpp Asa Cam

I have asked this before, but has anyone used the GMPP ASA Cam in their SS? I remember one guy was going to but never heard how it went. The main question I have is. I had the thought of using GM 1.8:1 ratio rocker arms to get more lift at the valve since the ASA is .525 lift at the valve with the stock 1.7:1 ratio rocker arms. I've seen alot of guys running cams with close to .600 lift at the valve. How are you doing it? Is there enough piston to valve clearance? Also what about the same thoughts on the GMPP LS Hot Cam?

Edited by TheGeorgiaKid (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP

Anyone not have an opinion?? My real question about the GMPP ASA & LS Hot Cam is about rocker arm ratio. Could you go to 1.8:1 ratio arms over the 1.7:1 stock arms. The GMPP ASA & LS Hot Cam specs are for use with the 1.7:1 arms, just didn't know if 1.8:1 arms could be used. Thanks.

I have asked this before, but has anyone used the GMPP ASA Cam in their SS? I remember one guy was going to but never heard how it went. The main question I have is. I had the thought of using GM 1.8:1 ratio rocker arms to get more lift at the valve since the ASA is .525 lift at the valve with the stock 1.7:1 ratio rocker arms. I've seen alot of guys running cams with close to .600 lift at the valve. How are you doing it? Is there enough piston to valve clearance? Also what about the same thoughts on the GMPP LS Hot Cam?

I'm not exactly sure how much lift the 1.8 rockers will give over the 1.7, but I can tell you that I recently installed a .580/.590 cam in my 2003 SSS, with P/P 317 heads, and there were no PTV clearance issues whatsoever. Have you done any researce on lift increase between the different rockers?

Shaun

Of the two you listed, I would put the 1.8 rockers on the Hot Cam, but that's a WAG... make sure the geometry at the valve tip is right or you'll wipe out the valve guides in 1/2 the time. You'll need as high a converter as you can stand IMO, like 3000-RPM or maybe even 3400... Again an opinion.

Mr. P.

The ASA cam actually makes good power and you can find the for around $95-125 if you look hard. The idle with that cam on a 5.3, 5.7, or 6.0 is awesome... definitely a one of a kind sound.

If you're looking to put a lot of power to the wheels look elsewhere than any of the cams you listed, but for bang for the buck and a sweet idle go for it.

Edited by ZR1 DREAMING (see edit history)