Awd Ss In Snow?

well mine is 2wd and i drove it in very icy and snow conditions and it did just fine. i was worried cause i was up in the cascade mnts but it pulled just fine. just take it slow and be safe

Mine does just fine in the snow and I just recently bought some hankook ventus rh06 and they don't do bad in the snow but I did however feel more confident with the goodyears but they were worn out so I couldn't use them one more time in the winter. The AWD is fun to have in the winter especially when you want to have some fun it'll take it without an issue and keep wanting more :) Just be respectful to the throttle and keep your distance between cars when braking and so on and so forth. Be safe and remember to think about where you park, just because you are safety concious about being on snow doesn't necissarily mean others are, and that goes for driving in it to. :)

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

DJ,

I am guessing your mods on your truck are just too much power to the wheels for snowy conditions, and that is why you always seem to kick out to the right (just my guess). After racing cars in the snow, I have come to my own conclusion that there is a point where you have to have the right amount of power and weight, and stock wise the SS is great. You might want to think of adding 2 50lb bags of sand in your bed, that might help out.

Then again, we dont get nearly as much snow as you guys do here in MA as SD or ND.

Your most likely right. Hp combined with being so nervous of wrecking the garage gangster = horrible mess + snow

BTW.. our last blizzard was 48" of snow :uhoh: