Need Some Help

mcmahan

hey guys. i need some help. you all know my cats are messed up, well one is. i need to fix it asap but am strapped for cash after the holidays. i had to remove my muffler cause it was just chocking it out. not its rattling like hell and really sounds like crap. like a big exhaust leak. all the guts of my d.s. cat is just jacked up. i was wandering if there was something i could do for a temp fix till i get headers and cats. this is our only vehicle now so please help a brother. thanks Justin

take them off, and basically just beat the hell out of them with steel rod or something.... pretty much any way you prefer to beat everything out of it. even if you just make a decent sized hole in it, thats enough to get you through the time. do it from the top of the midpipe towards the rear. stuff should come out fairly easy with some force :D

Justin check and see if the cat(s) are covered under warranty, I know on some vehicles the warranty on federal emission stuff is a lot longer than the standard 3/36.

cats are covered under warranty 8 years/80,000 miles by federal mandate, it's in your owners manual.........

you can run with the cats gutted for awhile.. it will eventually affect your fuel milage, retards your timing after a extended period of time.

however, if you get the rear o2s deleted with a tune, gutted cats are a huge performance increase (1st thing i did)