Wastegate Freeze Up...

Any ideas on this one. First I live in North Pole, Ak. It is like 40 below today. Yesterday my wastegate froze up. I think it was from the water in the exhaust getting into the wg. I pulled up and just barely stepped on the throttle and say like 15 pounds of boost. Woah! I normally don't put any boost on the turbo in the winter(ok sometimes is gets a pound or two). But maybe there is something you can put in the vacuum line to keep the wg from freezing? But I don't want to eat up the diaphram.

Ive never heard of a WG freezing up. i dont really see how it could in a matter of seconds after you fire up your truck the WG should be hot even if it was -40. the only way id see it freezing up would be when you shut it off and it cools down?

Ive never heard of a WG freezing up. i dont really see how it could in a matter of seconds after you fire up your truck the WG should be hot even if it was -40. the only way id see it freezing up would be when you shut it off and it cools down?

That is the problem. It freezes up after I turn the truck off outside(normally it sits in a garage). For some reason it has a hard time un-thawing itself. I have to really run the truck to get it to unstick. I don't see a way to get air-line antifreeze into the vacuum line and keep it into there all the time. I don't know if you could put some type of alcohol sniffer on the system. I don't know if the anti-freeze would eat up the diaphrams in my wg and bov?

That is the problem. It freezes up after I turn the truck off outside(normally it sits in a garage). For some reason it has a hard time un-thawing itself. I have to really run the truck to get it to unstick. I don't see a way to get air-line antifreeze into the vacuum line and keep it into there all the time. I don't know if you could put some type of alcohol sniffer on the system. I don't know if the anti-freeze would eat up the diaphrams in my wg and bov?

im pretty sure theres not much you can do at all about the problem you r having not much will stay in the vac line that goes to the WG.

im pretty sure theres not much you can do at all about the problem you r having not much will stay in the vac line that goes to the WG.

Well I kinda came to the same conclusion. I guess just no boosting the truck after it has sat outside for a while in the winter.