Interesting Post On Streetfire

misterp

Ummm, wow! I'd be after the owner of Cartek with a hammer if I owned that car. :smash: I know a few people(members here) who use that shop for work on their Camaros and GTOs. :uhoh: The shop re-rebuilding the motor for that Vette, The Vette Doctors, is located about 30 minutes from me, and I have heard good things about them......

Yeah Vette Doctors is a leader in the business. So is Cartek, they have the fastest Vettes in the country.

The poster makes a big deal about the pistons, and this is NOT a big deal IMO provided they are comparable replacement parts; what I am trying to say is 0.005" is not enough to get worked-up over as long as the final skirt clearance is right and the cost of the pistons is comparable to what he paid for. But the lifters, I totally understand and sympathize with him.

On the negative, I do not see where the poster went to any effort to contact Cartek and give them the chance to make things right.

One thing's for sure, better not cross anyone on Long Island, right Dan?! :jester:

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Hennessey Motorsports was caught doing far worse and they are still in business. I'm sure this place will be too. He defintely has a huge court case on his hands. For the lifters, "comparable" parts and the warranty issue. However, there are also two sides to every story. Perhaps his warranty stated that Cartek could replace, under warranty, parts with comparable parts. Maybe they were deceiving about it, but I would wait to pass judgement until more info was available.

I don't usually side with guys who bitch right away, but I might have to on this one. Thats ALL the money to have work done. Can't believe that a good shop would replace with inferior, or incorrect parts. Thats dumb! They are just asking for problems.

This guy paid good money for a good product, doesn't seem like he may have got what he paid for.

huh what happend

The customer was invoiced for very expensive lifters in his engine build; shortly after taking posession of the motor it had a lifter failure and when they pulled the head off the expensive Morel lifters he paid for were not in the motor.

Mr. P.

Not the first time I have heard of issues with CarTech.

I am not bashing either however I have seen a yellow Vette with a Vortec done by Vette Doctors that had some inherent issues. Bottom line is to be educated when going into a build and follow it along the way.

The customer was invoiced for very expensive lifters in his engine build; shortly after taking posession of the motor it had a lifter failure and when they pulled the head off the expensive Morel lifters he paid for were not in the motor.

He says in the video that this was the second build of that block....the first build went sour with an oil pump failure.....now the second build is because of a failed lifter.....