Where to put tranny cooler?

Okay, I'm convinced of the necessity of a tranny cooler (my truck did not come with one), but I am trying to figure out where it would go. The space in front of the Radiator now has the Radix cooler there. Where else might it fit?

Are there any air vents in your bumper that you could mount it behind? (got a plasma cutter?) :jester:

Also, check the intercooler install threads to see what some have done to accommodate both intercooler and tranny cooler...

Are there any air vents in your bumper that you could mount it behind? (got a plasma cutter?) :jester:

Also, check the intercooler install threads to see what some have done to accommodate both intercooler and tranny cooler...

No air vents like the SS has, unfortunately. Don't know what I'm gonna do yet. Maybe get an SS front bumper? :wtf:

• 2 weeks later...
My plan is to mount the upgraded heat exchanger from Brian at Project R in the lower grill and to use the oil cooler that came with the Radix as my tranny cooler and leave it right where it is.

That's a good use what you have..If you do this take some photos.

Can you use the same cooler from the Radix for the trans?

It is an oil cooler, and setrab coolers aren't cheap. I just have to make sure I get it really clean before I run trans fluid through it.

I will post some pics when i get it done. Just wainting on the fittings to make it work. Thanks Ben :thumbs:

It is an oil cooler, and setrab coolers aren't cheap. I just have to make sure I get it really clean before I run trans fluid through it.

I will post some pics when i get it done. Just wainting on the fittings to make it work. Thanks Ben :thumbs:

Did you get your stuff Saturday, by chance?

No, to tell you the truth I haven't even thought about it. I finally installed all of those gauges this weekend and by the time I finished that I didn;t feel like messing with the cooler.

Gauges work fine. A/F ration gauge is nothing more than a light show that bounces from rich to lean though. I need to find a new 12v source to hook them up to. The electric boost gauge needs a power source that doesn't cycle off when the key is turned so it doesn't mess up the calibration. Any ideas? How bout one of the HVAC fuses.

Got the parts for the tranny cooler install today Ben, you are the best. :thumbs:

I went out and got some clamps for the hoses. I will probably get it done on Saturday. I will let you know how it turns out.

Hopefully this week or next I can get the truck down to Joe for the trans build and TC install.

Archived