Bad Luck Comin Home Tonight

tburkdoll

I was driving home from the girl friends tonight and i was gettin close to home (i live in the middle of no where out in the sticks lol) when out of the grass on my right side flew an enormous owl carrying a opossum. Of coarse it had to wait till i got within about 20ft so there was no chance of me getting slowed down or dodging it...Thud! i hit it with my bumper and i ran over it as well...i stopped and got out to see the damage. My driver air duct was completely gone! :mad: (billet grille insert and all) So i turn around to go see if i could try and find it. I find that the duct itself is completely shattered all over the road but i did happen to find my billet insert (kinda beat and bent up but it could be worse)

Anyone got any ideas on where and how i go about getting a new duct and maybe grille insert?? Our near by chevy dealer has an awful parts and service shop so is there a way i can get one faster and cheeper than they could get it??? Thanks for any input on this

So what happened to the owl?

Well if it's anything like my similar story, he probably got deboned at freeway speed! I had a turkey vulture dive off a fence post right into my license plate at 80+ :eek: a week after I got it out of the body shop, made a hell of a mess and I still have a scar on the bumper where I presume his beak hit.

Mr. P.

directly through your local chevrolet dealership is most likely going to be the fastest route. theres alot of cheap " knock off" products that don't fit properly etc. that you have to watch out for

when i built my ecsb SS close few years ago.. this seamed to be the best place for bumper parts and accessories.

That sucks stupid owl. You can try LMC truck they have all the body parts for are trucks the duct sells for $99.99 part # right 31-3395 & left # 31-3394 phone # ia 1800 562 8782. I hope this helps you out

Yeah i forgot all about LMC i think im gonna get it from them cause thats the cheapest ive seen...GM is wanting $172!

Thanks for the help man

My luck might be as bad as yours. We had a lot of ice here a few weeks back so I moved my truck away from the trees incase a limb fell...well one finally did and it landed on it's branches and bounced right onto the hood of my truck. There's a big dent in the middle of the hood and it's scratched up.

My luck might be as bad as yours. We had a lot of ice here a few weeks back so I moved my truck away from the trees incase a limb fell...well one finally did and it landed on it's branches and bounced right onto the hood of my truck. There's a big dent in the middle of the hood and it's scratched up.

Ouch...yeah my first week from home here at my college i got $1800 worth of hail damage....but i got a cowl hood outa the deal (insurance payed for some)....will insurance cover yours?

Ouch...yeah my first week from home here at my college i got $1800 worth of hail damage....but i got a cowl hood outa the deal (insurance payed for some)....will insurance cover yours?

I'll get a better look tomorrow as I was leaving when I saw the limb on my hood and I'm now at work but it didn't look to be more than my $500 deductable so I'll probably just fix it on my own. The scratches looked like they could buff out but that won't be any better if the dent won't pop out.