Beat A Lightning!

SSpoiled18

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Showtime how much does your truck weigh?

I've never weighed it but Truck Trend listed the curb weight at 4,670 lbs. Most Lightning owners remove the receiver hitch and spare tire as a first step to dropping weight.

The link below is from Truck Trend's Lightning vs. SRT-10 comparison that provides all the stats about both trucks.

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup...s_overview.html

I've seen many Lightnings run, and I've raced a few in different vehicles.

I honestly think some people figure they aren't as quick as they are.

They are quick trucks, even stock.

very true. i can barely beat a stock one with my mods and i do mean BARELY! all a lightning need is a pulley, intake and a tune and thats all she wrote. if u beat one off the line awd or not he's gonna catch u and pull u. u seriously have to be working with something to beat them.

When you factor in what was omitted until the 28th post - "When i raced the lightning the weather condition outside was slick it was lightly raining" - then I could see where it could easily have happened. These trucks don't party in the rain..................... :D

When you factor in what was omitted until the 28th post - "When i raced the lightning the weather condition outside was slick it was lightly raining" - then I could see where it could easily have happened. These trucks don't party in the rain..................... :D

Yeah there isnt many trucks that can play in the rain. my ss i awd and with the boost im runing now its hard to hook. but on the other hand if its raining out and a 2wd try to race me and if i were to win i would take it as a win. I raced a srt-10 one night and i took him for a 100 bucks and he said he wanted a rerace cause he was spinning all over the place. AWD FTW. i took him by 5 trucks.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

I'm still a guy who thinks "racing in the rain" isn't exactly a race. Aside from "the dumb factor" it doesn't prove much of anything anyways....?

IMO anyways.

You can tell the intelligence of the L driver given the situation. Yeah lets go racing in a high HP 2WD truck in the rain lol. :jester: That guy might even lose a race in normal conditions. Those L’s put down major power and they are single cab. Could you image how fast they would be if they were AWD. AWD helps all drivers and as I said before. The driver is the mod most people don’t think about.

well guys i beat a thunder today lol. ok so ford has us in the sport truck catagory but you all have to admit gm has got every one beat in the sports car field just my $.02

im with you showtime even tho iam a lil late and it seems settle i doubt this is true, and i hate ppl that say things like "Well if i had this i would beat you like that"... well stop winning and slap on of those b*****s on like i did :D

im with you showtime even tho iam a lil late and it seems settle i doubt this is true, and i hate ppl that say things like "Well if i had this i would beat you like that"... well stop winning and slap on of those b*****s on like i did :D

That's cool that you did, but Chevy should have put one of those bad boys on right from the factory and made the SS the truck that smoked the others right out of the box.....................

Those lightnings are amazing and it does take alot of mods to compare with them on the dry streets. I raced my buddy's lightning and I had the jump by about a truck length and then he caught up to neck and neck all the way to 90 before we slowed down even with my mods. The only mods he had was a gear ratio of 3:73, intake, exhaust, tune, and a pully upgrade. His grand and a half to my six in mods. But I should get him now cause I raced him before I installed my 4:56 gears. :cheers: