Anyone Watching Barrett-jackson Auctions?

allballz57

As I have been watching the Barrett-Jackson auctions I have seen a bunch of the cars I always longed for while reading performance magazines get sold to collectors for a lot less than I thought they would go for-what timing :(

87 regal t type-16,500

88 Trans am kamback GTA-26,800

91 twin turbo trans am-43,000

92 Impala SS w/510ci FI big block-42,000

94 lingenfelter 383 firebird 60,000

All of these cars where in magazines that I have read and admired,along with a slew more yet to come this week.

Now to see what the 93 ZL1 572 Camaro goes for,I better have my internet bid ready...........and divorce papers drawn :jester:

Yeah I watch regularly; the market is REALLY off right now, if you've got the money now is the time to buy. Like the '60 Impala from the GM Heritage Collection for $20K...

Then again there was the 100-year old motorhome that sold for $115K :crazy:

If the car is 'the real deal' they'll still pay $$$ for it.

Interesting that there are no exotics on the block.

Mr. P. :)

i though the 92 impala went for 74k

and that impala magon went for only 14k

There were 2 92's one was a 6 speed and I believe it went for 74,but the other was the big block 510,I think it went in the 40's,but I am quoting from memory so I might be wrong.

The 1989 ZR1 Corvette "Snake Skinner" R&D car sold for $160k I believe. And there was a 1929 Oldsmobile custom with a northstar V8 in it, one off from the heritage collection that sold for a show high so far of $200k. I might be off on the numbers, but some of those cars going really high. There was a 95 custom monte carlo that looked like half a studabaker that went for$60k and it only had a 3.8L supercharged factory motor in it...

Heres the link for the top cars and the ones you missed... Thats olds went for $220k.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scot...ars/default.asp

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)