Oem Fog Lights?

Yeah, that's the avalanche fog light. There are two bulbs in the lamp. One of them is the actual fog, and I dont really know what the other one is. It might be the drl. All I need is the fog plug. I don't know if I am better of getting the whole kit through my buddy at the dealership or trying this much cheaper way. We have quite a few silverados there, but none with fogs, or one with a wrecked front for the fog light "donor".

yeah if you are putting that on your chevy and it has the ss front end i think it would just be goofy looking i know on ebay they sell the fogs for like 50 bucks and u might have to do some cutting but i think they would do a little bit better than those avalanche ones but its all up 2 you and cough......cough i need some dash peices if you have any laying around!!!!!

could'nt you make your own harness? Yeah it would take a little time, but all you would need is a hot wire, a ground, a relay, and a switch correct. You can buy the connectors from aftermarket places for cheap, piece it all together adn then you'd have it. Let me know if I'm wrong

I want to get the chevy fog lights, but I have the avalanche harness. It should be the same. The fog kit from GM has the harness for the fogs only. there are no other wires for any of the lights. I can get the whole kit for 180, but I want to do the budget way. I have the relay,switch, and now the harness from an avalanche. I just need the lights, which I can get cheap from work. I just don't know if I am gonna be better off getting the whole kit, or trying to make my own. I can get lots of dash pieces. What are you looking for?

just an fyi, from doing a *search* through old posts, I found that there was basically only one harness on our trucks, so we should have the harness already wired for fogs, just need a switch and possibly the bcm re-flashed. I say possibly b/c some do, and some don't. hope this helps. I'll be trying to get mine installed tomorrow.

* I spent an hour this morning looking for the harness, and had no luck, so I guess I'll make my own, or find one from the boneyard.

Edited by BlkSilveradoSS03 (see edit history)

post-17120-1234564968.jpg

Here is a picture of the harness from the avalanche. It is just the 2 purple wires off to the side. Those are the power wires to the pigtails, and both have a ground. Can I just unplug the purple pin and plug that in on my green plug and just ground the two grounds? I went to order the GM kit today, and it was on national backorder. No ETA whatsoever....so I figured I would try to make this work. I costs me $77 for the valence,lights,harness,relay and the switch. This should be exactly like the one from GM. Should I unplug the pin and put it on mine in the same place then?