Whats With The Cat Cut Off

just wondering if I can just wack'em off or if theres anything more to it. What kind of gians? Any differences in tune needs? Any info would be good.......Should I cut And go long tubes or do the headers and leave'em??? :confused:

if you cut your cats out it will throw rear o2 codes.. you'll either need to get a custom tune to remove them (recommend anyway) or you can get "dead-end" plugs.. can buy them for any ls1/gm type plug. basicaly tell your pcm your rear o2s are operating fine. there around $60

you'll notice a big power gain with your cats out.

So you guys are saying you can have them cut off and it will run fine? I have a wheatley tune and I'm planning on getting headers and getting rid of cats,,,what longtube headers can I get? most Iv'e seen are around $600,,,anything cheaper that will do just as good?

How much hp can I expect to get from doing a cat delete and adding headers?

So you guys are saying you can have them cut off and it will run fine? I have a wheatley tune and I'm planning on getting headers and getting rid of cats,,,what longtube headers can I get? most Iv'e seen are around $600,,,anything cheaper that will do just as good?

How much hp can I expect to get from doing a cat delete and adding headers?

pacesetter LTs are inexpensive and are quality headers...speed engineering usually has good deals on them ranging from $375 to $400....i cant tell u how much power they'd make but my guess would be 15-20rwhp..i really dunno. i have an off road ypipe which is also known as a catless midpipe and i really cant tell any significant power gain...i hacked the cats off cuzz i wanted a bad ass exhaust note

if you cut your cats out it will throw rear o2 codes.. you'll either need to get a custom tune to remove them (recommend anyway) or you can get "dead-end" plugs.. can buy them for any ls1/gm type plug. basicaly tell your pcm your rear o2s are operating fine. there around $60

definitely have those codes turned off in your tune, 02 simulators are extremely hard to find........