Tci May Have Finally Made Something Good

04CHASE

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/tci-hits...2008/3845253249

im not a fan of tci products but this is pretty cool , to bad its only good for 850 hp

How many more do you want? lol

If the price tag isn't crazy, it may be a fix for our TBSSs. Though I'm not a fan of the paddle shift.

How many more do you want? lol

If the price tag isn't crazy, it may be a fix for our TBSSs. Though I'm not a fan of the paddle shift.

id like to find a trans that is somewhat reliable for about 1200hp.

I looked at TCI's website and its not listed on the NEW page or anywhere else that I could find. I just hope its not one of those teaser show concepts that never comes to fruition. I'm sure it will be north of $5k since their built regular 4L80E's are about $3k. Considering the modifications to fit 6 gears into the case, the electronic controller, the paddle shifters and accessories, and other little things, I am sure all of that is worth at least $2k to them, plus profits...oh yeah...over $5k for sure. Then add up a torque converter (they werent clear if it was included or not, if it is, it will drive the price up). And after that, the necessary hardware to mount the 80E (cross member, driveshaft, etc.) and fit it to awd...geez, someone could almost push $10k for that swap with some labor.

i called tci and they said it was going to come in a packages which includes the tranny, converter, control box, wiring harnnes, and the paddle shifter. you can also order everything seperatly. if you have the 4l80e all you'll need is the tranny control box and wiring harness. they said they were in the final test stage with it and should be out within 3 weeks...

I looked at TCI's website and its not listed on the NEW page or anywhere else that I could find. I just hope its not one of those teaser show concepts that never comes to fruition. I'm sure it will be north of $5k since their built regular 4L80E's are about $3k. Considering the modifications to fit 6 gears into the case, the electronic controller, the paddle shifters and accessories, and other little things, I am sure all of that is worth at least $2k to them, plus profits...oh yeah...over $5k for sure. Then add up a torque converter (they werent clear if it was included or not, if it is, it will drive the price up). And after that, the necessary hardware to mount the 80E (cross member, driveshaft, etc.) and fit it to awd...geez, someone could almost push $10k for that swap with some labor.

you just murdered my dream, slapped it around, burned it and buried it..... :(

i called tci and they said it was going to come in a packages which includes the tranny, converter, control box, wiring harnnes, and the paddle shifter.

So, control box?...does this mean that this tranny is only a fully manual valve body? Any chance they will add a trans brake to the mix?

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

So, control box?...does this mean that this tranny is only a fully manual valve body? Any chance they will add a trans brake to the mix?

i thought the same thing , imagine awd, with a trans brake :chevy:

i think that will tell you where your weak points in the rest of the drivetrain are.

but i still think a fully built 4 speed 80e would have some issues launching a 6klb truck with 1000 lbs to the tires.

im still debating on a brake for my new setup. its about 1k to add one.