INSIDE The Full-Size plant- VIDEO

Mervz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DAMN, if we all could just mount tires that fast!!!!!

awesome video...

just think all of those union people making 25-40 dollars an hour probably cost more than that truck to build!!!

:cheers:

The labor cost is only 3% of the total cost to produce a truck or car in Canada which is the same as the cost to ship it to the dealer!

It's also no picnic being an auto worker as some may think, and don't you get paid for the job you do ?

Sorry about that, didnt even pay any attention to the Canada thing,

had some stupid thing in my head that it was in the states, and yea, i couldnt handle the same thing 8+hrs a day, even for a ton of money... my hats off to you....

and yea, but just like everyone else, not enough!!

Yes cool video. It was very educational.

I am sure it is no picnic working on the line as it looks like it would get very repetitive doing the same thing all day. I am sure you deserve every dollar you earn.

Also don't you think the dyno run after assembly is the same as the doctor spanking the baby to get it breathing after it is born? I wish I could of been there when my SS came to life to watch it take it's first breath, I better stop I am getting all misty eyed. :sigh:

that was almost the coolest thing I have ever seen! :thumbs:

I got to tour the Bowling Green, KY plant (Corvettes) a few years ago, and was thouroughly impressed, but this one is even cooler! All those robots and high-tech machinery was really interesting! :chevy:

Sorry to hijack your thread, but if anyone is interested in seeing the Ft Wayne Assembly plant in Indiana, the 454SS club's, Sport Truck Shootout (more info in the events section) tours and visits the plant every year! :D The management ropes off a section for us in their parking lot, then we take a walking tour thru the plant from start to finish - including the paint and body shop! :)

I know the weather was bad last year, but I really hope some of you can make it this year!!! :D

Thanks,

Annie :thumbs:

Thanks, Zane and Bob. :thumbs: It was a good test of my broadband. Took 1 minute 40 seconds.

Lucky you Ben!! It took my dial up 3 Hrs and 15 min to download. But it was worth it. I needed to do grocery shopping anyways :lol:

Archived