Az Vaca Pics

BG06SILVERADO

cool thanks for the apreaciation and Constructive criticism.. i'm still working on the art of photography!! i'm tryin to find the fine line between a great pic of the truck and reality!! meaning a staged(trailer queen photo shoot) pic of a truck is fine and all but a pic of real life happening(road warrior photo shoot)!!

Edited by BG06SILVERADO (see edit history)

I like the last one. Sorry I could not meet up. Way too much going on that weekend for me. I hope you had a good time in Az.

no problem man, it was late notice. maybe next time!! and I did have a good time

Edited by BG06SILVERADO (see edit history)

#4 is my favorite! :thumbs:

It's really hard getting good pics. Good thing there are digital cameras because I'd hazard a guess that 1 pic out of 100 I take is really worth keeping! I take a lot of pics and the majority of them turn out like S***! I'll take a bunch and head home thinking I've got some really good shots and then when I load them on the pc and look closely at them the little distractions raise there pic destroying heads! The pic that made this year's calendar is one of those pics. If I could retake the pic I would have positioned the SS on the road instead if on the side of it. And I like this pic too, except for the power lines in the corner of it. In my very limited experience of taking pics of the SS, the 2 things that really kill a good shoot is, poor lighting and poor positioning of the truck.

#4 is my favorite! :thumbs:

It's really hard getting good pics. Good thing there are digital cameras because I'd hazard a guess that 1 pic out of 100 I take is really worth keeping! I take a lot of pics and the majority of them turn out like S***! I'll take a bunch and head home thinking I've got some really good shots and then when I load them on the pc and look closely at them the little distractions raise there pic destroying heads! The pic that made this year's calendar is one of those pics. If I could retake the pic I would have positioned the SS on the road instead if on the side of it. And I like this pic too, except for the power lines in the corner of it. In my very limited experience of taking pics of the SS, the 2 things that really kill a good shoot is, poor lighting and poor positioning of the truck.

just as you have said, in pic #4 you can see traffic comming along the road (puting the truck in the road is a bad idea!!) i did the best i could with the situation.. Like I said before I like the real life shots compaired to the staged shots!! I need a trypod because the main reason i had to delete so many pics is because of a low light and a heartbeat, LOL!! eitherway I'll be practicing so you guys need to defend your calendar spots!!

just as you have said, in pic #4 you can see traffic comming along the road (puting the truck in the road is a bad idea!!) i did the best i could with the situation.. Like I said before I like the real life shots compaired to the staged shots!! I need a trypod because the main reason i had to delete so many pics is because of a low light and a heartbeat, LOL!! eitherway I'll be practicing so you guys need to defend your calendar spots!!

Yeah that's the problem I had too, I could drive for 10 minutes and not meet another car but as soon as I'd pull to a stop in the road to try and get a quick pic it seemed like I was on I-5, cars coming out of the sagebrush!