Driving With A 3000 Stall Tc

Fireman31

There have been a few questions lately about having a 3000 stall TC on a daily driver. Here are the stats on my TC....PI Vigilante, 10.5" triple disc, 3000 stall. The only downside of a stall this size is a small decrease in fuel mileage. As I have stated in the past, this converter drives like stock until you mash the throttle.......

Normal Driving

WOT 15-95mph

Breaking 'em Loose with 400lbs of sand in the bed :P

Dan,

great vids and information... what stall are you currently using?? thanks again for posting this info. Ok I had to edit this post as i see what your TC your using. How much is that TC and cost to install roughly. Thanks again

Bill

Edited by BILLS04SS (see edit history)

Dan,

great vids and information... what stall are you currently using?? thanks again for posting this info. Ok I had to edit this post as i see what your TC your using. How much is that TC and cost to install roughly. Thanks again

Bill

They are around 950 from precision industries,and I have always pulled my own trannies so I can't help you there.

Installs on just a converter typically run about $350-600 depending on the shop and area. I was quoted on a yank install back in cleveland about two years ago for $425. They said that included pulling the tranny, installing the TC, all fluids, and re-installing the trans. I think thats about par for the course. They said it would take them about 3 hours.

Dan,

Bill

Thats his truck :cheers:

Dan,

gHow much is that TC and cost to install roughly. Thanks again

Bill

They are around 950 from precision industries,and I have always pulled my own trannies so I can't help you there.

Yeah that TC cost me roughly $930 direct from PI, well worth it IMO. My trans/TC swap cost me in the neighborhood from $600-$650 with fluid. Keep in mind I am RWD, there aren't as many parts to drop out of my truck compared to an AWD truck.

I think that was the first time I seen you Drive Normal :jester:

:P

more burnout vids!

SHHHHH!!!! Stay tuned. :ninja::D