Those with the McGaughy's kit and 20's or higher

TBSS

I'm getting ready to go on a road trip and realized that I no longer have a functional spare, since I have the McGaughy's 2003T spindles, which require 17" or larger wheels. I'll be going to storage this weekend and getting one of the stock Z66 wheels and bolting it up underneath my truck before the trip.

Anyway, thought I would pass that on in case someone hasn't realized this...

The factory spare will work on the rear wheels, just not the front. Worst case if you got a front flat you would have to take a rear wheel off put it on the front and put the spare on the rear. More work, but at least its an option.

The factory spare will work on the rear wheels, just not the front. Worst case if you got a front flat you would have to take a rear wheel off put it on the front and put the spare on the rear. More work, but at least its an option.

True, dat. But actually, worse case scenario (to me) is getting hit by a car while changing my tire. :eek: Having to spend twice as long out there trading tires around means more danger to me. I'm just going to make sure I have a 17" spare. :thumbs:

The factory spare will work on the rear wheels, just not the front.  Worst case if you got a front flat you would have to take a rear wheel off put it on the front and put the spare on the rear.  More work, but at least its an option.

True, dat. But actually, worse case scenario (to me) is getting hit by a car while changing my tire. :eek: Having to spend twice as long out there trading tires around means more danger to me. I'm just going to make sure I have a 17" spare. :thumbs:

Both of you guys are right. I didn't think of switching a rear tire to the front and putting the spare ont the back. But I also agree that being on the side of the road for a long period of time is pretty dangerous. I think ill be getting a 17" spare.

same here, i take the spare and spare mount out of every one of my vehicles. that's extra weight and the odd's of me getting a sudden (without prior leakage or warning) flat are slim. if that happened i'd just use my cell and have it towed.

Archived