Worst Waste Of Time Ever...

05_gaSShog

So I was bored and thought to myself..."hey port your throttle body" and I replied, "Sure, why not." and then I told myself, "Hell yeah!!"

as you can see porting ur throttle body will make you nuts!!!!!!!!

My review on it, Don't do it. I've only drove about 3 miles...and I know that's not enough time to realllllly tell, but i don't see much improvement compared to the work. There is quite a bit to mess up too.

The truck does seem to coast better...soooo maybe it will net some better mpg.

so what you are saying is you said self lets port my tb and self replied hell ya then you wasted about 30 bucks in Electric but only saw little gain. But isnt any gain worth it unless you change something to cancel out that gain. Are you running a CAI, exhaust, tune, LT's?

I have CAI and exhaust (and now a ported TB). I did this because I figured that it might help the Tune out. I've been in contact with Justin about getting a tune so i figured I better do it before the tune.

I didn't reset the pcm, which I'll do today and monitor my mpg. I don't have issues with idling, i did a pretty good job keeping the idling port in the TB identical in size, its just slopped.

I have CAI and exhaust (and now a ported TB). I did this because I figured that it might help the Tune out. I've been in contact with Justin about getting a tune so i figured I better do it before the tune.

I didn't reset the pcm, which I'll do today and monitor my mpg. I don't have issues with idling, i did a pretty good job keeping the idling port in the TB identical in size, its just slopped.

lmao!!! i couldn't stop laughing when i read the first post!!!! But i personalty i don't think there is any point of porting you tb or intake unless you have a way to get the air in there. Example power adder such as a turbo or a supercharger.

Detjoe"I have heard guys having problems w/idle sometimes when they do this."

This is what iam refering to....you can have all that space but if you dont get the right amount of air in there all that it would do is starve.

It'll be interesting to see what my idle looks like down the road when do cam swap. It might be a pain in rear or might help quite a bit. I know on my dodge the larger TB was awesome, I think the chevrolet's stock design is pretty well matched for stock heads and intake.

I wonder if it would've made a difference using the l92.

yep I got pics...and you better believe i'm posting them. I mean geesh, this ranks right up there with buying sand in a desert.....its pointless as crap, lol.

While this was technically free, I bet it cost me more money than it was worth in electricity to run the dremel. I bet the tornado gas saver is more effective than this.

:lol: Your my New best friend.